AS AQA SOCIOLOGY: families and households, education & research methods. Watch

Annachet_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently doing AS sociology AQA which is basically: families and households, education and research methods..
I'm really really struggling as to how much i need to know, who's names i need to know and particularly, how to write the research methods in context question . It would be so helpful if anyone here has done it and has any lists of sociologists they used/techniques, ANYTHING really, i'm having a massive panic and i know i'm capable of doing the exam-it's just the content is a nightmare!!! please help !!! anyone!!!!
A future Midwife
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm feeling exactly the same!!! Have you got the CGP revision guide? That's quite good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
HelloGoodbye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey i got an A in AS Socio so I'll try and help you out. You don't need to remember EVERY sociologist's name, but for each topic try and remember at least 2 opposing arguments and the names. Also remember, you should try and understand as much of each topic so it's easier to remember the arguments/points.

I HATED the research in context question and I'm still not sure how I got an A for that paper, but the key is to just practice as many past papers as possible and read examples online or ask your teacher for example answers. Do posters for each method including pros and cons.

Lastly, do not panic. I didn't spend much time on unit 2 as I did for unit 1, I didn't even feel confident but I still did well. Sociology is easy, you'll definitely get an A if you do all the past exam questions.

Good luck!
Annachet_
Rep:
?
(Original post by A future Midwife)
I'm feeling exactly the same!!! Have you got the CGP revision guide? That's quite good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completely forgot i have that! thanks for reminding me, i shall have a look
Annachet_
Rep:
?
(Original post by HelloGoodbye)
Hey i got an A in AS Socio so I'll try and help you out. You don't need to remember EVERY sociologist's name, but for each topic try and remember at least 2 opposing arguments and the names. Also remember, you should try and understand as much of each topic so it's easier to remember the arguments/points.

I HATED the research in context question and I'm still not sure how I got an A for that paper, but the key is to just practice as many past papers as possible and read examples online or ask your teacher for example answers. Do posters for each method including pros and cons.

Lastly, do not panic. I didn't spend much time on unit 2 as I did for unit 1, I didn't even feel confident but I still did well. Sociology is easy, you'll definitely get an A if you do all the past exam questions.

Good luck!
That was genuinely so helpful, i'll get on it tomorrow, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?