(Original post by Silver Arrows)
    I got mine last week

is that you in your pp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    I got mine last week

You are so lame

ReputationRep:
    No, and they don't get much money either. Poor blokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    You are so lame
    It's here if you need it, buddy.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...?do=ignorelist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    No, and they don't get much money either. Poor blokes.
    The money you get here is pretty decent... But it's sad that you will have to give up your life for 3 years....

ReputationRep:
    The money you get here is pretty decent... But it's sad that you will have to give up your life for 3 years....
    Not for the working hours you have.

ReputationRep:
    Not for the working hours you have.
    You've worked there? Besides, I am fairly certain the work culture isn't exactly the same in all the big 4s...

ReputationRep:
    You've worked there? Besides, I am fairly certain the work culture isn't exactly the same in all the big 4s...
    No, but my best friend worked at KPMG. He spoke of it very lowly.

ReputationRep:
    No, but my best friend worked at KPMG. He spoke of it very lowly.
    Yeah my friend too. Kpmg... At least in this region is third rate in terms of work culture & pay

Hopefully I won't have it that worse...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Mate is at PWC London, been auditing a lot of stuff around Slugh recently, loving life. He doesn't have any life during the week but weekends seem relatively safe compared to mates in IB or consultancy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my friend too. Kpmg... At least in this region is third rate in terms of work culture & pay

Hopefully I won't have it that worse...
    He was saying that working at KP is really boring,and they don't do anything meaningful at work.

ReputationRep:
    He was saying that working at KP is really boring,and they don't do anything meaningful at work.
    I'm shocked really. My friend is slogging with deadlines and client-visits. Maybe it's because my friend is in auditing...

(Original post by Le Nombre)
    Mate is at PWC London, been auditing a lot of stuff around Slugh recently, loving life. He doesn't have any life during the week but weekends seem relatively safe compared to mates in IB or consultancy.
    From what I heard PwC is the best. Lucky guy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked really. My friend is always slogged with deadlines and client-visits. Maybe it's because my friend is in auditing...
    My friend was also in auditing. No, those were meaningless things because people worked overnight mostly because they didn't/couldn't do anything in the mornings nor early afternoons. Then some had to fly somewhere just to physically count the cars a railway company has. The actual work was mainly copying and pasting, with some addition and subtraction.

Also, he has a classmate who's working in one of them (forgot which one), who was responsible for a big firm's annual report. That guy was trying to give out insider's information for whether the annual earnings have gone up or down. He only needed to read the final number but as someone who's passed all the accountancy exams after his accountancy degree, he in the beginning misread the last quarterly earning as the final one, then misread another figure as the final earning and got it all wrong. So it doesn't seem like he actually has to know anything about accountancy to do his job.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, quick question. Do you know where the pwc tax office is located? They have a few around London, but I'm curious where is the tax department located in London

Thanks

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.