Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any literature predictions?? I'm currently doing Cicero and Ovid

ReputationRep:
    The only poem that hasnt come up is poem 5? and of Cicero, 55,58,59,60,61,64,65,66,67,68,69 havent come up. No events in Lampsacus have come up so that is very likely...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _sakeena)
    The only poem that hasnt come up is poem 5? and of Cicero, 55,58,59,60,61,64,65,66,67,68,69 havent come up. No events in Lampsacus have come up so that is very likely...
    Yeh I've learnt poem 5 really well coz my teacher thinks it'll be on. For the language paper are you doing the harder Cicero bit or the latin to english bit? X

ReputationRep:
    it makes sense that poem 5 will come up but they might do two poems? so it could be 4 or 2 as well? Mr grammar is terrible so i'll do badly either way but probably the harder Cicero part because you still get makrs for writing down the correct meaning of the words?

ReputationRep:
    it makes sense that poem 5 will come up but they might do two poems? so it could be 4 or 2 as well? Mr grammar is terrible so i'll do badly either way but probably the harder Cicero part because you still get makrs for writing down the correct meaning of the words?
    Yes, you're right, I quite like poem 14 tbh. Im not a big fan of poem 4 but 2 is okay. I thiink just learning the translation well is beneficial. I think i'm going to do the prose composition just because we've been practising all year for it so I might as well have a go at it. What do you find helpful when revising for the language paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoona123456)
    Yes, you're right, I quite like poem 14 tbh. Im not a big fan of poem 4 but 2 is okay. I thiink just learning the translation well is beneficial. I think i'm going to do the prose composition just because we've been practising all year for it so I might as well have a go at it. What do you find helpful when revising for the language paper?
    Hi guys, do you think it's worth learning the translation of poem 14 seeing as it was the main text last year? I'm struggling to learn everything!

ReputationRep:
    Im only starting to learn the latin now hahahahaha the cicero is so boring to learn

ReputationRep:
    Yes learning the translation is all you really need to do tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby_swan97)
    Hi guys, do you think it's worth learning the translation of poem 14 seeing as it was the main text last year? I'm struggling to learn everything!
    I think 5 by itself is too obvious and majority of 4 and 14 have been done so I'm assuming it will be the second half of poem 2 and some of poem 5? i'm not bothering with 4 or 14

ReputationRep:
    I think 5 by itself is too obvious and majority of 4 and 14 have been done so I'm assuming it will be the second half of poem 2 and some of poem 5? i'm not bothering with 4 or 14
    hmm yeah that's what i thought. i dont see much point in doing 14 either but it may be worth having a quick look at 4, you never know!

ReputationRep:
    I remember my AS Latin Language. The Ovid last year was great. Out of all the sections that they chose, it had to be the dirtiest part of the whole text. Great fun translating xD.

ReputationRep:
    What 10 markers do you reckon for Cicero?

ReputationRep:
    Ovid/Cicero exam:
    How 'literal' are we meant to make the translations of Ovid/Cicero in the 'translation' questions? Are we meant to turn the text into 'modern-sounding' English or is it good to do a word-by-word translation?

ReputationRep:
    As long as the translation makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! How did you all find it?

ReputationRep:
    Our invigilator fell asleep for about 25 mins lol. There were just 2 of us taking the exam, as it clashed with OCR CH2, and so he'd been in there for like 4 and a half hours straight. My translations were awful, but the questions were fine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawkz123)
    Our invigilator fell asleep for about 25 mins lol. There were just 2 of us taking the exam, as it clashed with OCR CH2, and so he'd been in there for like 4 and a half hours straight. My translations were awful, but the questions were fine...
    Hahha, that's quite funny! I thought the translations were fine, and I liked the shorter questions. 10 markers were a bit weird. Especially the last one.

ReputationRep:
    Going through a bit of paranoia - I went to extra pages for a couple of questions (big handwriting and not enough space) but I didn't write on each question that I did it that that there was more due to time pressure, so will they automatically check extra space to see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysiena)
    Going through a bit of paranoia - I went to extra pages for a couple of questions (big handwriting and not enough space) but I didn't write on each question that I did it that that there was more due to time pressure, so will they automatically check extra space to see?
    I'm sure it'll be fine

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.