?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone have any literature predictions?? I'm currently doing Cicero and Ovid
_sakeena
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The only poem that hasnt come up is poem 5? and of Cicero, 55,58,59,60,61,64,65,66,67,68,69 havent come up. No events in Lampsacus have come up so that is very likely...
memoona123456
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
(Original post by _sakeena)
The only poem that hasnt come up is poem 5? and of Cicero, 55,58,59,60,61,64,65,66,67,68,69 havent come up. No events in Lampsacus have come up so that is very likely...
Yeh I've learnt poem 5 really well coz my teacher thinks it'll be on. For the language paper are you doing the harder Cicero bit or the latin to english bit? X
_sakeena
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it makes sense that poem 5 will come up but they might do two poems? so it could be 4 or 2 as well? Mr grammar is terrible so i'll do badly either way but probably the harder Cicero part because you still get makrs for writing down the correct meaning of the words?
memoona123456
Rep:
?
it makes sense that poem 5 will come up but they might do two poems? so it could be 4 or 2 as well? Mr grammar is terrible so i'll do badly either way but probably the harder Cicero part because you still get makrs for writing down the correct meaning of the words?
Yes, you're right, I quite like poem 14 tbh. Im not a big fan of poem 4 but 2 is okay. I thiink just learning the translation well is beneficial. I think i'm going to do the prose composition just because we've been practising all year for it so I might as well have a go at it. What do you find helpful when revising for the language paper?
libby_swan97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by memoona123456)
Yes, you're right, I quite like poem 14 tbh. Im not a big fan of poem 4 but 2 is okay. I thiink just learning the translation well is beneficial. I think i'm going to do the prose composition just because we've been practising all year for it so I might as well have a go at it. What do you find helpful when revising for the language paper?
Hi guys, do you think it's worth learning the translation of poem 14 seeing as it was the main text last year? I'm struggling to learn everything!
chemistrygal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im only starting to learn the latin now hahahahaha the cicero is so boring to learn
memoona123456
Rep:
?
Yes learning the translation is all you really need to do tbh
_sakeena
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by libby_swan97)
Hi guys, do you think it's worth learning the translation of poem 14 seeing as it was the main text last year? I'm struggling to learn everything!
I think 5 by itself is too obvious and majority of 4 and 14 have been done so I'm assuming it will be the second half of poem 2 and some of poem 5? i'm not bothering with 4 or 14
libby_swan97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think 5 by itself is too obvious and majority of 4 and 14 have been done so I'm assuming it will be the second half of poem 2 and some of poem 5? i'm not bothering with 4 or 14
hmm yeah that's what i thought. i dont see much point in doing 14 either but it may be worth having a quick look at 4, you never know!
MakeContact
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I remember my AS Latin Language. The Ovid last year was great. Out of all the sections that they chose, it had to be the dirtiest part of the whole text. Great fun translating xD.
Wiggledinho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What 10 markers do you reckon for Cicero?
Itak
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ovid/Cicero exam:
How 'literal' are we meant to make the translations of Ovid/Cicero in the 'translation' questions? Are we meant to turn the text into 'modern-sounding' English or is it good to do a word-by-word translation?
memoona123456
Rep:
?
As long as the translation makes sense
memoona123456
Rep:
?
Hey guys! How did you all find it?
dawkz123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Our invigilator fell asleep for about 25 mins lol. There were just 2 of us taking the exam, as it clashed with OCR CH2, and so he'd been in there for like 4 and a half hours straight. My translations were awful, but the questions were fine...
memoona123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by dawkz123)
Our invigilator fell asleep for about 25 mins lol. There were just 2 of us taking the exam, as it clashed with OCR CH2, and so he'd been in there for like 4 and a half hours straight. My translations were awful, but the questions were fine...
Hahha, that's quite funny! I thought the translations were fine, and I liked the shorter questions. 10 markers were a bit weird. Especially the last one.
emilysiena
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Going through a bit of paranoia - I went to extra pages for a couple of questions (big handwriting and not enough space) but I didn't write on each question that I did it that that there was more due to time pressure, so will they automatically check extra space to see?
memoona123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilysiena)
Going through a bit of paranoia - I went to extra pages for a couple of questions (big handwriting and not enough space) but I didn't write on each question that I did it that that there was more due to time pressure, so will they automatically check extra space to see?
I'm sure it'll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (87)
24.37%
No (270)
75.63%

Watched Threads