Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got my offers now and I need to get my final choices in because I'm going to uni this September!
    Basically my issue is I've decided my back up choice (Kent because it is a lower offer) but now I need to decide between choosing 'Human Geography, Media Culture and Communications' at Keele or 'Media Culture and Society' at Essex... I am aware they aren't well known courses but any information regarding student life, what there is to do, how busy the unis are, and generally what it's like to live in either place as a student I would be so grateful! I am so torn between the two even though I've visited them both.
    I come from a busy city so I'm worried about getting bored if there isn't much to do at either of the unis! SOS!!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I live right by Essex uni, student life seems pretty good, I've been to the university a few times, it's HUGE, people there are friendly. But I opted for Keele because I preferred the flexibility of degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maeeharris)
    Hi, I've got my offers now and I need to get my final choices in because I'm going to uni this September!
    Basically my issue is I've decided my back up choice (Kent because it is a lower offer) but now I need to decide between choosing 'Human Geography, Media Culture and Communications' at Keele or 'Media Culture and Society' at Essex... I am aware they aren't well known courses but any information regarding student life, what there is to do, how busy the unis are, and generally what it's like to live in either place as a student I would be so grateful! I am so torn between the two even though I've visited them both.
    I come from a busy city so I'm worried about getting bored if there isn't much to do at either of the unis! SOS!!! Thanks
    Several of my housemates do Geography, specifically Human Geography and they really enjoy it, Keele's ranked very highly nationally for it. I also know someone doing MCC and they enjoy their course and Keele has Concourse (Student magazine) and KUBE (student radio) to get involved with outside of the course.

In terms of student life, we have the 5th best SU in the country and often get very prominent acts to play, for example we've had Example headline our Freshers week before. I love Keele, it's a fantastic university and there's always something going on! I come from Leeds and I haven't been bored once while I've been here.

(And yes, this is procrastination from my final exam/essay :P )

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thankyou for the replied!! I put down Keele as my first choice and fingers crossed I'll be heading their in september

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.