This discussion is closed.
drago di giada
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
preferences? or even.. I guess you could say.. opinions on each?
nayeem18
Report 15 years ago
www.usnews.com or www.collegeboard.com ...sat's are available all over the world rather than acts.
anguman
Report 15 years ago
Hi,

I have signed up to take the SAT and the SAT II subject tests in May and June respectively. I spoke to the Yale Dean of Admisions and he stressed the need for international applicants to choose SATs rather than the ACT tests. Not only do they prvide a better representation of the candidates talents and 'ability' (SAT II in particular) but it also shows that the applicant is willing to be tested at a higher level. American Universities think that SATs are a bit more challenging and will view someone who has done these higher than someone else who has done the ACT. A sizeable amount of prepartation needs to be undertaken prior to taking the SATs. It may be to actually learn the material or simply to familiarise yourself with the testing procedure. In any case prepartation is essential for the SAT. If you want to go to a top university in America then I suggest SATs. If you want the easy option and want to start one step behind before even applying to the Uni, take the ACT. The choice is yours....
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by anguman)
Hi,

I have signed up to take the SAT and the SAT II subject tests in May and June respectively. I spoke to the Yale Dean of Admisions and he stressed the need for international applicants to choose SATs rather than the ACT tests. Not only do they prvide a better representation of the candidates talents and 'ability' (SAT II in particular) but it also shows that the applicant is willing to be tested at a higher level. American Universities think that SATs are a bit more challenging and will view someone who has done these higher than someone else who has done the ACT. A sizeable amount of prepartation needs to be undertaken prior to taking the SATs. It may be to actually learn the material or simply to familiarise yourself with the testing procedure. In any case prepartation is essential for the SAT. If you want to go to a top university in America then I suggest SATs. If you want the easy option and want to start one step behind before even applying to the Uni, take the ACT. The choice is yours....
True.. but ALL colleges accept acts as a test.. here in NY they are accepted just as often as SATs are.. and people who aren't as good with math skills can take the ACT test and get a higer marking they they would if they had taken SATs.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.7%
No (97)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (430)
45.94%

Watched Threads