Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is it possible she may like me...? Watch

Hello, keep anon because not sure who is on here...

Basically I am a uni student (in my early twenties) and there is this girl that I know casually. We have worked together in a few group projects, she is a nice girl, very outgoing, bubbly and very much the 'party type'.

I am a quiet, reserved and overly-analytic sort of guy, so I guess a polar opposite.
    Initially I didn't really have much to do with her, because she is not someone within my close friendship group. However, more recently, I had been contacted by the person 'out of the blue' asking me if I wanted to grab something to drink sometime. I said sure, as I thought why not...it will be nice to meet up with her.

We exchanged friendly messages, she was very receptive etc. I met her, we had a very kind of good conversation, had coffee and just had a good time. Not much flirtatious behavior going on. But she was very kind of smiley and jolly.

I had never asked her directly why she had wanted to meet. I just sort tried not to over think it or assume. So therefore, we just had fun.

We chatted somewhat about things, like previous relationships and stuff, and it was brought to my attention, that she does not get into relationships because she does not like them, or otherwise gets frightened off.

We had a quick embrace as we parted ways, I hugged her, whilst she coyly said goodbye. Later I had received a message telling me she enjoyed it a lot, and wanted to see me again, for lunch or something.

Again I obliged and said sure I can.

But I guess I am a little confused because she isn't as responsive to my flirting and takes a little longer than usual. Is she just non-committal or not after anything with me?

I am wondering if she does like me, because I've never had a girl be this forward with me.
    I wouldn't know if a girl liked me, even if it was blatantly obvious. I guess to some degree, I am curious, its almost gone to my head, and I often wonder why she hasn't replied to my messages or whether she really wants to see me.

Your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    She's asked you out, twice!

Yes she likes you..

ReputationRep:
    I think she absolutely likes you. Not everyone shows that through flirting. I think she wants to keep it casual, just to see if there's really anything there - it's more about just enjoying time with you at the moment I suppose, getting to know you. I honestly think you should suggest seeing each other with more of a 'date' atmosphere, and then (unless of course she is clearly shying away) make it more blatant that you are interested in her as well. A kiss would do it. P: You should be more confident OP, just go with things - if you like someone, keep things going, increase the interest. Nothing says you don't deserve to do that.

ReputationRep:
    I think she likes you

ReputationRep:
    Tell her:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight."

Her reaction will tell you if she likes you or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    Tell her:

are you going to post this in every single 'does she like me' thread?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her:

You saw an oportunity and just had to take it.

OP she defo likes you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsn0b0dy)
    are you going to post this in every single 'does she like me' thread?
    Yes, because it works to tell whether or not "she" likes you.

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    You saw an oportunity and just had to take it.
    Damn right

ReputationRep:
    Tell her:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Thanks
    :confused: You the OP?

(Original post by awe)
    I think she absolutely likes you. Not everyone shows that through flirting. I think she wants to keep it casual, just to see if there's really anything there - it's more about just enjoying time with you at the moment I suppose, getting to know you. I honestly think you should suggest seeing each other with more of a 'date' atmosphere, and then (unless of course she is clearly shying away) make it more blatant that you are interested in her as well. A kiss would do it. P: You should be more confident OP, just go with things - if you like someone, keep things going, increase the interest. Nothing says you don't deserve to do that.
    Yeah I think she may like me, but may be unsure. I do get the distinct impression she may be shying away though. Particularly with our online conversations...like it is always like "yeah and this...and this", and makes it seem like its an irritant replying to me. Of course, I can't read her mind, and I don't want to exhaust all avenues of conversation for next time. But, I guess I don't quite understand why someone could be like this, whilst maintaining the fact she wants to see me again.

Although, it may be entirely possible she sees me as a friend. But just the way everything was organized, and she randomly out of the blue asked me, and then followed it up by saying she enjoyed her time, and then wanted lunch. I dunno, it is tiresome, thinking about how she may be feeling.

I guess I don't want to seem clingy or over obsessive, but it is hard, when I can't come to understand how someone feels. Not sure whether she expected me to kiss her last time. I didn't because I thought it wasn't appropriate for first time.

We're going to like a bar/pub next time, and so I guess it is kind of a little more nicer than the previous setting. I don't want to go over-top. Maybe I will leave that for another time.

I guess I don't want to put myself out there, and get so over-indulged and invested in someone for them to not reciprocate. I know I am not with this girl, but every-time I've liked someone, they have either never shown me the same level of affection, or its just gone completely amiss. Perhaps I shouldn't expect it in return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I think she may like me, but may be unsure. I do get the distinct impression she may be shying away though. Particularly with our online conversations...like it is always like "yeah and this...and this", and makes it seem like its an irritant replying to me. Of course, I can't read her mind, and I don't want to exhaust all avenues of conversation for next time. But, I guess I don't quite understand why someone could be like this, whilst maintaining the fact she wants to see me again.

Although, it may be entirely possible she sees me as a friend. But just the way everything was organized, and she randomly out of the blue asked me, and then followed it up by saying she enjoyed her time, and then wanted lunch. I dunno, it is tiresome, thinking about how she may be feeling.

I guess I don't want to seem clingy or over obsessive, but it is hard, when I can't come to understand how someone feels. Not sure whether she expected me to kiss her last time. I didn't because I thought it wasn't appropriate for first time.

We're going to like a bar/pub next time, and so I guess it is kind of a little more nicer than the previous setting. I don't want to go over-top. Maybe I will leave that for another time.
    If it's tiresome just relax a bit about it. Two more things I think - don't base anything from pixel communication, seriously. I say this daily on TSR haha. It helps nothing, you really can't tell what the other person is really insinuating and particularly when it comes to suggestions of being 'blunt' or 'irritated', it might just be that person's written discourse and regular to them. Secondly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with just saying 'just wondering what's happening here, do you see us getting together?' - maybe in different words to suit you and the situation haha, but really; if you don't know what someone is feeling and you are getting confusing signals, just ask. There is nothing wrong with asking for some clarification, and it can be done in a cheeky/romantic way as well, doesn't have to be 'sign here if you have feelings for me...' vibes.

Also, not necessarily over-the-top is required; something like a basic chain Italian (Bella Italia comes to mind) just where it is the norm for two people such as yourselves to be together and for it to be assumed that you are dating. A little atmosphere may help things.

(Original post by awe)
    If it's tiresome just relax a bit about it. Two more things I think - don't base anything from pixel communication, seriously. I say this daily on TSR haha. It helps nothing, you really can't tell what the other person is really insinuating and particularly when it comes to suggestions of being 'blunt' or 'irritated', it might just be that person's written discourse and regular to them. Secondly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with just saying 'just wondering what's happening here, do you see us getting together?' - maybe in different words to suit you and the situation haha, but really; if you don't know what someone is feeling and you are getting confusing signals, just ask. There is nothing wrong with asking for some clarification, and it can be done in a cheeky/romantic way as well, doesn't have to be 'sign here if you have feelings for me...' vibes.

Also, not necessarily over-the-top is required; something like a basic chain Italian (Bella Italia comes to mind) just where it is the norm for two people such as yourselves to be together and for it to be assumed that you are dating. A little atmosphere may help things.
    Yeah I am just kind of becoming quite fond of her over the past couple of days, and it gets to the point where there is like this internal conflict in my head. That's true, perhaps it is just her writing style and the way she is. Still, she keeps messaging me so it can't be all that bad.

She messaged me good morning too, which was sweet of her. I just don't want to attach or commit so naively into it. It's the biggest mistake I can make, until I'm 100% certain, although most people with any sense of logic would be able to tell that she does like me.

She strikes me as a very casual kind of guy anyways, but then there is this kind of 'coyness' about her which I love, which may suggest to me that she may be wanting something more serious.

I think I may actually just hint at the idea to see if she actually likes me, but don't wish to ruin what we have also. We're going to a mainstream sort of pub-chain which should be fun. I am a little nervous but it should be fun, I not long ago broke off with my long term girlfriend, so its a case of 'getting back on the horse' again. Thanks for your advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I am just kind of becoming quite fond of her over the past couple of days, and it gets to the point where there is like this internal conflict in my head. That's true, perhaps it is just her writing style and the way she is. Still, she keeps messaging me so it can't be all that bad.

She messaged me good morning too, which was sweet of her. I just don't want to attach or commit so naively into it. It's the biggest mistake I can make, until I'm 100% certain, although most people with any sense of logic would be able to tell that she does like me.

She strikes me as a very casual kind of guy anyways, but then there is this kind of 'coyness' about her which I love, which may suggest to me that she may be wanting something more serious.

I think I may actually just hint at the idea to see if she actually likes me, but don't wish to ruin what we have also. We're going to a mainstream sort of pub-chain which should be fun. I am a little nervous but it should be fun, I not long ago broke off with my long term girlfriend, so its a case of 'getting back on the horse' again. Thanks for your advise
    To be honest she sounds really nice, all of these things that make it confusing right now are even a positive thing - suggests there could be more depth, that she's taking it seriously so as not to make errors as well. Better than rushing in or flirting too much in any 'fake' manner.
    Good luck, hope you have a good time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.