Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm going to be a student in the fall, studying abroad from America for a full academic year at Swansea. I'm looking into housing because really, I have no idea. My home university has recommended the Student Village, but I know here in America oftentimes the off-campus housing is cheaper and better than those offered through the university itself, so I thought I'd ask around among those of you who would really know!

So, what's the dealio? Should I look into university-owned housing, or try to find roommates and a house or flat on my own? I've already been told about Gumtree, but other than that it's all a mystery to me.

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm moving to Swansea from Scotland for the year to do a masters and was looking at the houses for rent on the on the uni's student accommodation site. I then found that new private student accommodation has been built by a company called fresh student living and have booked an ensuite room there. It was a bit out of my price range but includes all bills, internet and insurance so you know exactly what you are getting. Check it out its on Morfan road and is called st.David's.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! The campus accommodation is very good but equally expensive, I've just done my first year at swansea and loved it by am leaving to join the police, which leaves my existing flat mates with a room empty in their house! It's a lot cheaper than halls at £890 for 3 months at a time (excluding bills) which is £1000 less than I paid for halls in first year, it's a lovely house and my flat mates are literally the nicest people ever! If you're interested in this at all give me a message and I'll fill you in on all other details! You'll have the best time ever at swansea!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am a student at Swansea Uni about to enter my 3rd year. I spent my first year at student village as it was cheaper than the accommodation on campus and I also applied late, it was an amazing experience but it is sooo far out from University and getting the bus back and fore for one hour lectures was a nightmare.
    I have decided to take a gap year so am looking to find someone to fill my space at the house we rented last year, it is shared with 3 girls all going into their 3rd year, 2 studying Biology and 1 studying Criminology. They are all easy-going, fun and clean. The room on offer is the largest in the house and has a double bed and the house is spotless with everything you need including washing machine and tumble dryer. Rent is cheap too at £245/per month including water rates. The house is situated a 5 minute walk away from Uni and there is a bus stop right outside if you need to go into town. If you want any more details or want to know anything else about Swansea in general give me a message, you will no doubt have a great time in Swansea wherever you end up living!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

If you want to get your accommodation sorted today check out our brand new halls - St Davids Swansea - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/swansea we are already inundated with lots of Swansea students and have a direct bus straight to the Singleton campus from outside our front door! We are situated in the middle of town within minutes of Wind Street, restaurants, shops, cinema and bowling centres.

We have our own busy social calendar and the best deals and discounts with local businesses exclusively for St Davids Students.

Check out our pages www.Facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea and www.Twitter.com/StDavidsSwansea to see recent pictures of the brand new accommodation and events in our quirky social space.

Many Thanks,
    Katie @ Fresh

ReputationRep:
    Good place to look for spare rooms in existing flatshares (private rentals) - and would give you an idea of costs etc : http://student.spareroom.co.uk/flats..._id=188742356&

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.