Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    For the academic year 14/15 I'm going to study in Japan for a compulsory year abroad - but whilst sorting all this out I've encountered a few issues.According to this factsheet, I found out the following things..
    A student studying in China, Japan or Russia as part of a UK course for the whole of the academic year, will get their loan and grant payments in a single instalment.

    Students apply for Travel Grant on the main application for full-time student finance. Student Finance England will then send eligible students a Travel Grant application form.
    However, looking at my scheduled payments I'll be getting them in 3 parts still ... is this right? In fact, I didn't have to even specify which country I was going to on my form - now I'm worried that I've done it wrong, but with the new SFE website I can't find a way to review my application.

    Finally, I've not had anything about a Travel Grant so this makes me even more worried I've done it wrong! Could you help me out please?

    Oh, and I've also been told conflicting things about said Travel Grant - some say you can claim whilst still abroad, and others that you can only claim afterwards.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi Vicky,

    If you feel like you may have incorrectly completed your application regarding your time abroad, I'd suggest that you call us on 0300 100 0607 so one of our Customer Service advisors can look over your application and check that everything is okay.

    When you call, you can request that a Course Abroad form and Travel Grant form is sent to you.

    Finally, you can claim for your Travel Grant throughout the year providing you have the relevant receipts.

Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.