The Student Room Group

Am I pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mrs Bean
mi.PNG ri.PNG

In school I always used to get bullied and called names like 'half-cast' (referring to being both black and white). This wouldn't have been so hurtful if it wasn't for the fact that both my parents had split up when I was 10, and I've been living primarily with my white mother ever since, so I've never really felt black. But the white kids in school always rejected me as they didn't feel I belonged with them, and at the same time I didn't feel like I belonged with the black kids. I was going through a serious identity crisis which culminated in me attempting to take my own life several times.

Now I'm in my twenties and I have no self confidence. People try to tell me I'm pretty but that is not what I see when I look in the mirror. What I see is a fat arse and a black skin. I want to believe my friends but my history has made it difficult to.

So will you guys be honest with me? Am I actually pretty?

mate that's not even bullying. That's straight out racism. You'd think in this day and age stuff like this wouldn't happen. Don't worry OP. You're absolutely stunning and probably way better looking than any of those knobs that bullied you.
The core issue here is the view that you hold about yourself, which is not surprising giving your experiences, and for that, I am very sorry. However, relying on other people and seeking reassurance just so you can feel 'okay' about yourself is very unhelpful and doesn't address the underlying issue, which is your low self-esteem.

The most important and worthwhile thing you could do would be to work on your self-esteem and develop a solid foundation within yourself so in the future, people's opinions about you, regardless of whether that will be in a positive or negative sense, wont be the predominant factor in how you see yourself.

Best of luck, and take care. :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Silver Arrows
Want a glass of water, lads?

I'm confused as to how pane_123 is thirsty but I'll go with it :rolleyes:

Remember guys, you compliment, you thirsty :wink:
I'm 22, graduated UCL last year and those pictures were both taken this year.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Oooh Intelligent and pretty! Whether you're fishing for compliments or not it can't be denied that you are indeed beautiful! Keep your chin up. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
A solid 0.5 out of 10. Very bad.
In on attention-seeking thread.
Reply 46
Original post by Pride
This has got to be my favourite post of the week so far

You can be my favourite TSR member this week then ^^
Reply 47
Original post by Leechayy
I'm confused as to how pane_123 is thirsty but I'll go with it :rolleyes:

Remember guys, you compliment, you thirsty :wink:

I didn't get it either. I can confirm I am not thirsty.
You look like a normal girl, I'm not going to lick your arse like half the people on here. Now go away and stop fishing for compliments on the Internet.
Reply 49
No, I don't like black girls. Nothing racist...just not attracted to them; I can't help it.
Original post by Top Queen
What they did is called racism, you don't need to be ashamed because of who you are. Race doesn't determine how good looking you are, but as a person you are beautiful. Be more confident and believe in yourself more. Don't let people bring you down, especially not because of the colour of your skin.

I'd just like to inform you its not actually widespread that being called halfcaste is racist (not where i live anyways)... i've spoken to multiple people who have said it and when i've called them out have responded with: 'is it', so the intention isn't always racist just people don't know how to refer to the ethnicity, or that by refering to it in such a manner its racist.
Quite pretty.

White knights/girls fawning over you a bit too much on this thread but still a solid 8/10
Totally.but seems very sad anyone would post a thread asking if they are pretty

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thirst in this thread is real..
ur ugly
very pretty, wifey material
Reply 56
Original post by CodeJack

:colone: :colone: :colone:
Reply 57
You are really pretty, I'm pretty shocked that you think you're ugly enough to have to even make a thread on TSR about your appearance but it just goes to show that everyone has their insecurities. You shouldn't feel ashamed for having black in you, being black isn't something negative. I can understand why you might feel like that given the ignorant and racist people you've had to encounter and I know that sometimes in this society people make it out like black girls are less beautiful than other girls from other races but it's not true at all. Black is beautiful :smile:

EDIT: Don't listen to the trolls saying you're ugly or that your skin is not appealing, they are just trying to elicit a response.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
You look like a normal girl, I'm not going to lick your arse like half the people on here. Now go away and stop fishing for compliments on the Internet.

I doubt your tongue is worth of such an arse.
Reply 59
mi.PNG ri.PNG

So will you guys be honest with me? Am I actually pretty?

How can I put this?

get

in

my

van.

Quick Reply

Latest