The Student Room Group

How do you enjoy yourself at a nightclub?

Scroll to see replies

I consume a considerable amount of alcohol and totter around until it takes a full effect, pretty much :lol:
Busting your best moves if the drinking side aint for you
Ahahah some people on TSR think they're so much better than people who enjoy clubbing.

I usually predrink with friends beforehand so we're a little buzzed already, then have a few vodka lemonades and dance the night away. :smile:
Original post by DJMJ
Hi,

I've only been a few times and they weren't the best. But my friends love going and I want to enjoy it but I feel like I'm doing something wrong... What is your normal routine when you hit up a club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get a drink, and then go and see what girls are there that I know.

Then I take a walk and say hi to them all.

Then I go back and chat to my mates, and wait for one of them to either come up and chat or make eyes at me.

Then I chat to them for a bit, might get another drink.

Then we dance.

Then we make out.

Then we go back to hers and ****.

I really don't see how that couldn't be seen as enjoyable, unless you don't like sex.
Original post by Inieiunio
In truth no one does. Loads pretend to though.

rubbish.
Original post by Xyloid
This.

Almost any other form of getting drunk is social in a sense, but I fail to see how going to nightclubs is anything other than anti-social.

because you have sex, duh.
Get drunk, dance, do stupid stuff, go off on a little adventure when you lose everyone and make some new friends in the smoking area (that's pretty much what I do anyway.)
Original post by corax
music that you like

You're joking.

Seriously, people like it? O.o
Get with a fat girl :wink:
In truth no one does. Loads pretend to though.

Bs
Original post by Bulbasaur
You're joking.

Seriously, people like it? O.o

If I go to a metal club I like the music.

If I go to a mainstream club I try to ignore it, I'm there for other reasons.
I mostly just go to places that play Indie music with a sizeable group of close mates and I'll have a good time, I don't really listen to chart music so I sometimes get bored otherwise.
Original post by The_Dragonborn
I go up to girls and say this:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight."

Works every time.

Think I've read this on every thread I've clicked on today :tongue:

As for the question, we're always far too drunk, so we dance/sing/laugh like idiots. For me, it depends on the amount of alcohol consumed and who I'm with, but our nights out are generally pretty enjoyable!
Bring it. Name a single good thing about clubbing. And don't be desperate little wannabes by saying sex.

sex
Reply 34
Everyone I speak to that likes it says you have to be drunk to like it. So get really drunk and maybe it'll be fun, or at least bearable.
Just saw your previous post. A little sad really, can't you get sex anywhere else? You poor thing.

Playing the internet hardman act isn't going to convince anyone.

The bottom line is, the reason people like clubbing is because it generally results in sex.

The reason you don't like clubbing is because for you, it doesn't result in sex.

I am sure that if you could swap and live the life of a normal person you would.
Original post by xDave-
Everyone I speak to that likes it says you have to be drunk to like it. So get really drunk and maybe it'll be fun, or at least bearable.

being drunk is not really enough by itself. Alcohol plus either

a) good music
b) great company, all celebrating something together
c) a girl that wants to shag you

now THAT makes for a good night.
Original post by cole-slaw
Playing the internet hardman act isn't going to convince anyone.

The bottom line is, the reason people like clubbing is because it generally results in sex.

The reason you don't like clubbing is because for you, it doesn't result in sex.

I am sure that if you could swap and live the life of a normal person you would.

Clubbing does not 'generally result in sex'. Do you really think that most people end up having sex on a night out?
Am I the only person who took "enjoy yourself" to mean "how do you fit masturbation into such an evening", or have I lost it?

I enjoy myself by:
- Not going very often; Making it an occasional novelty
- Only going to places that play music I like (rock/metal clubs)
- Taking friends who will dance with me
- Not going with people who are going to get absolutely trollied and become a liability
- Dressing up enough to feel nice, but not so much so that I'm uncomfortable
Original post by quads1992
Clubbing does not 'generally result in sex'. Do you really think that most people end up having sex on a night out?

I think that most people that want to have sex and know what they're doing do, yes.

I will admit though, that a significant proportion of people in clubs are just clueless noobs and end up going home alone frustrated (to troll TSR with angry misogynist bull****.)

Quick Reply

Latest