Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for this course, but would like to know more about the quality of this course. Things such as the teaching, the practical aspect, and graduation prospect? If anyone who's been, is, or will be going, there could give their thoughts, that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got an offer there too. I'm currently struggling between here and Durham... Where else have you applied? From what I know so far is that Edinburgh sounds great, I've heard some rumblings about student satisfaction in terms of feed back but I'm not sure if that is still an issue. Would you do the full 5 years?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the course a while back. It seemed pretty good, in a medium sized department, and the poor feedback regarding teaching that I've often heard is quite common across large Russell Group universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got an offer there too. I'm currently struggling between here and Durham... Where else have you applied? From what I know so far is that Edinburgh sounds great, I've heard some rumblings about student satisfaction in terms of feed back but I'm not sure if that is still an issue. Would you do the full 5 years?
    Hi isabelmitchell. I'm struggling to decide between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Yeh, I'm a bit concerned about what people say about the teaching. The city is really nice though. Have you visited the uni before? Yeh, I've applied for MEng. What about you?

I applied for the course a while back. It seemed pretty good, in a medium sized department, and the poor feedback regarding teaching that I've often heard is quite common across large Russell Group universities.
    Did you do the course there Smack?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runner14)
    Did you do the course there Smack?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runner14)
    Hi isabelmitchell. I'm struggling to decide between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Yeh, I'm a bit concerned about what people say about the teaching. The city is really nice though. Have you visited the uni before? Yeh, I've applied for MEng. What about you?
    Yes and I'm in love with it, the city is beautiful! Have you? I hear that since the terrible reviews they are working on it... Yes I have, but I'm slightly worried about the length of the course (all my others are just 4 years). Also are you worried about accreditation for Edinburgh? I don't think IET accredits all of its degrees which concerns me slightly. Is Glasgow nice?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.