This discussion is closed.
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Have you ever won on the lottery? Or even won any amount of money on the lottery? I've won £10 once!! lol

I don't know anyone who has won the jackpot or even 5 balls! Yet many people seem to win and with how long the lottery has been running you would expect to know someone i think.

Post if you have
Tribi
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
Have you ever won on the lottery? Or even won any amount of money on the lottery? I've won £10 once!! lol

I don't know anyone who has won the jackpot or even 5 balls! Yet many people seem to win and with how long the lottery has been running you would expect to know someone i think.

Post if you have
Tribi
We've had a few tenners a few fortys and 2 wins in the hundreads. My aunt once got 5 numbers and got the pricely sum of £600
Tribi18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daveo)
We've had a few tenners a few fortys and 2 wins in the hundreads. My aunt once got 5 numbers and got the pricely sum of £600
I wonder if the other lotteries have a better chance of winning.
£600 is really good!! I heard on the radio once that the dj predictes the numbers and two times in a row they came out!! I didn't do it though and was really P'ed off when i found out about it.
Black_Magic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Twice in a row! I bet they didn't end up giving much to people those weeks seeing as so many people would have won! We've only one once but that was a crazy double win of £20 where we had all 6 numbers... just 3 on one ticket & 3 on another Though I know someone who's grandma won & gave their family 1/2 the money!
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Post if you have
Tribi
Only ever won a tenner.

Did you know that getting three numbers does not guarantee you winning a tenner?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've had 4 numbers twice. £52 one time and £42 the other!
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I've had 4 numbers twice. £52 one time and £42 the other!
Just illustrates how less and less tickets are being bought!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Just illustrates how less and less tickets are being bought!
I don't play anymore though. Too lazy
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Only ever won a tenner.

Did you know that getting three numbers does not guarantee you winning a tenner?
Explain.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I don't play anymore though. Too lazy
even the league lump sum of money doesn't make you get up and buy a ticket? Jeez you are lazy
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Explain.
When the National Lottery was first introduced, if you matched three numbers you were guaranteed £10. The three number prize was, and still is, the only fixed-sum winnings. The rest of the prizes were calculated according to the number of winners and the size of total prize fund.

However, Camelot realised that if so many people won the three number prize, then the amount needed to pay £10 to each of these winners may possibly be more than the amount in the prize fund.

This however, was extremely unlikely to occur, and has never happened. Camelot decided to play safe though, and stealthily modified the rules to say that if the amount needed to pay for the three-number winners exceeds a certain amount (which I think is the total prize fund), then the £10 is not paid.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
When the National Lottery was first introduced, if you matched three numbers you were guaranteed £10. The three number prize was, and still is, the only fixed-sum winnings. The rest of the prizes were calculated according to the number of winners and the size of total prize fund.

However, Camelot realised that if so many people won the three number prize, then the amount needed to pay £10 to each of these winners may possibly be more than the amount in the prize fund.

This however, was extremely unlikely to occur, and has never happened. Camelot decided to play safe though, and stealthily modified the rules to say that if the amount needed to pay for the three-number winners exceeds a certain amount (which I think is the total prize fund), then the £10 is not paid.
Thats just cheeky - if they said three balls = £10 they should give it you!
Some people are really lucky, I'd love to have even an extra £52, thats like a pair of shoes or loadzz of mc donalds! lol - whichever way you want to look at it.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I played 1 line on Wednesday and 1 line on Saturday for a few months. £52 is just 6 months worth of tickets really and the majority of people who play for a year or more end up DOWN!

I didn't mind really because you are giving to good causes I suppose.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gimp)
I've always wondered what the lottery goes to? Does anyone know.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Post if you have
Tribi
My mum won £6000. I've won £500.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've always wondered what the lottery goes to? Does anyone know.
The pockets of the rich.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I played 1 line on Wednesday and 1 line on Saturday for a few months. £52 is just 6 months worth of tickets really and the majority of people who play for a year or more end up DOWN!

hehe, just like red nose day as well...:rolleyes:
Tribi18
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
hehe, just like red nose day as well...:rolleyes:
lol, wow u are right lucky aren't you!! What did you do with the extra cash?? When did you win??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (163)
47.8%
No (42)
12.32%
I'm not old enough (136)
39.88%

Watched Threads