The Student Room Group

What are your biggest regrets?

I am doing a piece of photography and it is on biggest regrets.
So what are your biggest regrets?
For example: smoking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heatherjones77
I am doing a piece of photography and it is on biggest regrets.
So what are your biggest regrets?
For example: smoking

I regret not answering a phone call from a job while i was on holiday last year. Then i might have been working there now instead of the bad nursery im at now.
Smoking since 15
Blowing 10 grand on a futile attempt at independence
Various and many missed relationships
Royally fudging up my A levels
Wasting a couple of years on the above futile attempt at independence
(edited 10 years ago)
Regret isolating myself from friends in trying to achieve grades and get onto a MSc, and only spending time really with my girlfriend
Reply 4
I have no regrets.
I regret not trying to find work when I was at school to be honest. Even though I did some volunteering for a while, I have no real experience to speak of.

Otherwise I'm happy with who I am :smile:
I regret messing a very good friend about last year unintentionally. It really put a strain on our friendship.
I also regret not living a bit more and getting out and seeing my friends instead of studying constantly.-
Reply 7
Not getting to meet a close friend of mine in person before he comitted suicide last month :frown:

We met only years ago and we became so close but we always too skint or busy with uni to meet :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
My school and my degree. Both **** choices that are gonna take a minimum of 10 years to set right.
Being too picky over friends in secondary school. I chose not to go out outside of school time because they would go out with people who I wasn't that keen on. Hence when I left secondary school I literally lost the few friends I made.

And once you leave secondary school it's very difficult to make real good friends again if you don't go to Uni. (As people have their own close friends)
Reply 10
I regret not taking part in more activities etc at school. Now that I'm leaving I realise just how many opportunities I've missed out on, simply because I didn't have the confidence to go to things my friends weren't going to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I regret not socializing more in school. Keeping to myself just to study has rendered me kind of a hermit.
Original post by Stinkum
I have no regrets.

Bro, you're so cool.
Reply 13
Original post by Pocalypse
Bro, you're so cool.

Thanks.
Regrets ? I've had a few..but then again, too few to mention.
Original post by Runninground
Being too picky over friends in secondary school. I chose not to go out outside of school time because they would go out with people who I wasn't that keen on. Hence when I left secondary school I literally lost the few friends I made.

Nah, I think you made a good decision. It's just a case of the grass being greener on the other side. Back in school, I was always the belle of the ball. When I walked through the corridors, it was always like:

But now I'm older, I wish I had stayed to myself. I no longer speak to over three quarters of the friends I had back then, and of the ones I do still speak to, I wish I didn't. **** friends.
Original post by Lauren___e
I regret not taking part in more activities etc at school. Now that I'm leaving I realise just how many opportunities I've missed out on, simply because I didn't have the confidence to go to things my friends weren't going to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for me. Looking the club set today made me think were I chould be today if I left my mates I did something on my own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Caring so much what people thought of me going through secondary school.
Changing my facebook username
I've got quite a lot of regrets. Not any of the large types of regret that defined which paths I took to where I am today. I do, however, have loads of small regrets. Kind of like motes of dust I suppose which in turn defined what kind of person I was in other people's eyes and even how I view myself :redface:

Not being what *I* wanted to be like for ages :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest