Yaya Toure (Manchester City)

YPOTY:
Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)
Luke Shaw (Southampton)
Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool)
Ross Barkley (Everton)
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

Suarez is a no brainer for the main award, but who takes home the youth one? I really don't agree with the likes of Hazard and Sturridge being in there.
matchdayG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Suarez and Sturridge.

Ramsey out injured for too long.

Quite curious about who'll win that second award tbh, there are three good candidates.
xDave-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
who takes home the youth one? I really don't agree with the likes of Hazard and Sturridge being in there.
Agreed, Ramsey is too old as well imo. Dunno why they don't make it 21 and under.

I think it'll be Suarez and Sturridge
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sterling is only there because of Suarez brilliance

IMO Suarez should take both :nuts:
Solivagant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Suarez and Hazard
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is the YPOTY for 23 and under? If you made it under 21, you wouldn't get enough players some years?

I reckon Suarez and Hazard to win.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by xDave-)
Agreed, Ramsey is too old as well imo. Dunno why they don't make it 21 and under
Indeed. It should be for emerging talent like Barkley, Shaw and Sterling.
xDave-
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Is the YPOTY for 23 and under? If you made it under 21, you wouldn't get enough players some years?
You'd definitely get enough every year, loads of players 21 and under play. I just had a look, and there are 39 players that fall into that category this season.

Of the players that have played 20 or more games, you have Shaw, Sterling, Januzaj, Ward-Prowse, Chambers, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Barkley, Davies, Redmond, Berahino, Coutinho, Kasami,

And here are some more that haven't quite made it to 20, tho some will over the next few games: Stones, John, Bentaleb, Oxlade, Gnabry, Nastasic, Flanagan

Definitely enough quality in there to give it its own award imo.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Suarez and Hazard will win.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
YPOTY at 23 years and under is outdated. People are hitting their peaks before they're 23 years old. It should be based more on raw talent.

Suarez, Sturridge.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
POTY:
Luis Suarez (Liverpool)

YPOTY:

I think Sturridge will get the nod over Hazard because he's English. We know what the FA are like.
matchdayG
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mickey O'Neil)
POTY:
Luis Suarez (Liverpool)

YPOTY:

I think Sturridge will get the nod over Hazard because he's English. We know what the FA are like.
This has nothing to do with the FA.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matchdayG)
This has nothing to do with the FA.
That's cute. You really don't think they have influence at all? Sorry, but I disagree. Even more so considering there's been many contentious decisions over the years.
matchdayG
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's cute. You really don't think they have influence at all? Sorry, but I disagree. Even more so considering there's been many contentious decisions over the years.
It's voted for by the players - Players' Football Association.

There's been a few **** decisions, not that many though. The shortlists sometimes miss an underrated midfielder or defender, but the only major **** up in the actual award in recent years is when Giggs was given it. And even then, footballers make poor decision, shocker!
sr90
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The award is run by the PFA, a completely separate organisation.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by matchdayG)
It's voted for by the players - Players' Football Association.

There's been a few **** decisions, not that many though. The shortlists sometimes miss an underrated midfielder or defender, but the only major **** up in the actual award in recent years is when Giggs was given it. And even then, footballers make poor decision, shocker!
Okay, no need for the sarcasm mate. As you can see I've been a Championship/League One club fan for years so have been pretty oblivious to the Premier League. Not all of us just support Premier League clubs and take a deep vested interest in the organisational structure.

(Original post by sr90)
The award is run by the PFA, a completely separate organisation.
Fair enough. Repped for not being a sarcastic git. I've supported a Championship club for years so more interested in the terraces than the politics side of the game myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (501)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (620)
41.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.56%

Watched Threads