Vernish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

Anyone else doing/done the FN3 French oral? How much is it assessed on language vs. knowledge/understanding of the topics?
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Kiwimonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's marked out of 60 if I believe and I have the scheme here. The stuff in the brackets indicates what they are looking for for the highest amounts of marks you can achieve. Hope this is of some help to you, I'm completely panicking about mine!

- Text-based task communication (I'm guessing your exposé (presentation) ) - 10 marks

Topic-based conversation communication (I'm guessing this either has to do with your exposé or the questions after) - 10 marks

[Here they are looking for spontaneity, prompt and direct responses, ready to contradict/interrupt the examiner, imaginitive responses and to the point. High level of fluency and able to demonstrate the ability to compare, analyse and evaluate opinions and arguments]

- Content/Society & Culture - 10 marks

[Able to be thoroughly familiar and demonstrates knowledge and understanding of topics/texts studied. Able to compare, contrast and interpret different concepts/attitudes. Able to draw easily on informations such as facts to support arguments]

- Accuracy - 10 marks

[Excellent use of grammar and syntax, correct use of tenses despite a few errors, some corrected. High degree of accuracy]

- Range and Variety/Idiom - 10 marks

[Wide range of structures and lexis. Able to adjust range and idiom as the discussion develops. Structures used with a degree of confidence. Good use of a wide range of vocabulary]

- Pronunciation/Intonation - 10 marks

[High level of authenticity in producing the characteristically target language sounds. Pronunciation still affected by the mother tongue but without any outstanding, identifiable errors. Fluent delivery. Very few lapses. Correct pronunciation of all non-English/non-Welsh phonemes]
Vernish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Kiwimonkey)
I think it's marked out of 60 if I believe and I have the scheme here. The stuff in the brackets indicates what they are looking for for the highest amounts of marks you can achieve. Hope this is of some help to you, I'm completely panicking about mine!

- Text-based task communication (I'm guessing your exposé (presentation) ) - 10 marks

Topic-based conversation communication (I'm guessing this either has to do with your exposé or the questions after) - 10 marks

[Here they are looking for spontaneity, prompt and direct responses, ready to contradict/interrupt the examiner, imaginitive responses and to the point. High level of fluency and able to demonstrate the ability to compare, analyse and evaluate opinions and arguments]

- Content/Society & Culture - 10 marks

[Able to be thoroughly familiar and demonstrates knowledge and understanding of topics/texts studied. Able to compare, contrast and interpret different concepts/attitudes. Able to draw easily on informations such as facts to support arguments]

- Accuracy - 10 marks

[Excellent use of grammar and syntax, correct use of tenses despite a few errors, some corrected. High degree of accuracy]

- Range and Variety/Idiom - 10 marks

[Wide range of structures and lexis. Able to adjust range and idiom as the discussion develops. Structures used with a degree of confidence. Good use of a wide range of vocabulary]

- Pronunciation/Intonation - 10 marks

[High level of authenticity in producing the characteristically target language sounds. Pronunciation still affected by the mother tongue but without any outstanding, identifiable errors. Fluent delivery. Very few lapses. Correct pronunciation of all non-English/non-Welsh phonemes]
Ooh, that's really useful, thank you! When is yours?
Kiwimonkey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tuesday the 6th, 10h20. Not looking forward to it whatsoever. How about yours?
itsjustsophie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had mine this morning. I think it went okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kiwimonkey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itsjustsophie)
I had mine this morning. I think it went okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad it went okay, what did they ask you during the exposé discussion and what topic card did you get (and what questions were you asked for that?)
itsjustsophie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kiwimonkey)
Glad it went okay, what did they ask you during the exposé discussion and what topic card did you get (and what questions were you asked for that?)
I got the topic card on marine conservation but the discussion was really general about environmental problems. I did Les Choristes for my exposé and he asked me things that I had discussed in my exposé so he wanted a more in depth discussion of what I had already mentioned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise