This discussion is closed.
Mr Brightside
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Josh75077)
Wont the savings in medicals bills offset the revenue generated. Is death and serious illness really a suitable way to generate money. Although not that governments care, they are only in it for, fame, money, power, status for the most part.
I think we should take money of people who are stupid enough to pay for something that is killing them. It's their problem after all, we'll take their money and benefit ourselves.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
I think we should take money of people who are stupid enough to pay for something that is killing them. It's their problem after all, we'll take their money and benefit ourselves.
We already do, I think faqs are taxed at somthing like 200%
Josh75077
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
Ok, but what about when their smoke affects you, is that fair, not really a problem where I live, but it was in some of the places I vsisted in the UK.
roxy potter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
i think...

smoking should be banned out in the open and in public places like railway stations, airports etc

BUT

for places like pubs, clubs, restaurants it should be at the owners discretion.

i quite like the smoky atmosphere of the pub. the combination of stale smoke and alcohol in the air is quite nice.

GROSS!!!!!
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How do smokers cope in Irish nightclubs, do they have to keep on popping outside to have a ciggie next to the bouncers???

Why isnt smoking outdoors harmfull to others, especially in cramped areas such as alley ways and stuff.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
How do smokers cope in Irish nightclubs, do they have to keep on popping outside to have a ciggie next to the bouncers???

thats about the size of it. they reckon violence is going to go way up and the nearest city to me is nicknamed stab city, then again people call dublin shotgun city.

Why isnt smoking outdoors harmfull to others, especially in cramped areas such as alley ways and stuff.
i think it is harmful but its a bit too difficult to control whats going on outside. with this ban if you employ a nanny then you cant smoke in your own home.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i quite like the smoky atmosphere of the pub. the combination of stale smoke and alcohol in the air is quite nice.
Yes, I love having to wash all my clothes and my hair after every time I go to the pub because they all stink. If I've been in a really smoky place, I can even smell it in my hair when I go to sleep afterwards, and it's horrrrrrrible!
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by roxy potter)
thats about the size of it. they reckon violence is going to go way up and the nearest city to me is nicknamed stab city, then again people call dublin shotgun city.

i think it is harmful but its a bit too difficult to control whats going on outside. with this ban if you employ a nanny then you cant smoke in your own home.

So your from Munster, near to Limerick.

It was a superb game for Munster today, and it seems that nothing will stop them from going all the way.

And if people call Dublin shotgun city, then what the hell would they nickname London
roxy potter
Rep:
?
So your from Munster, near to Limerick.

It was a superb game for Munster today, and it seems that nothing will stop them from going all the way.

And if people call Dublin shotgun city, then what the hell would they nickname London
ya i live in the country.
brill game today, go munster.
they always seem to get very far and then get knocked out. hopefully not this year.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think a public smoking ban is a good idea purely for the reason that it will encourage kids not to start smoking.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Yes, I love having to wash all my clothes and my hair after every time I go to the pub because they all stink. If I've been in a really smoky place, I can even smell it in my hair when I go to sleep afterwards, and it's horrrrrrrible!
oh dear.

sucks for you then huh?

i dont really mind as it just seems normal to have a smokey pub. not sure why. having said that, im sure a ban wont really change much.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
agreed, i quite often wash my hair when i get in (at 2/3am) jus cos i hate the smell on my pillow.

lou xxx
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we so badly need a poll for this.
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think...

the combination of stale smoke and alcohol in the air is quite nice.
Someone who actually likes stale smoke? That has to be a first. (*blargh!*)
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
Someone who actually likes stale smoke? That has to be a first. (*blargh!*)
i wish i never said anything now.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
It is my opinion smoking should be completely banned in ALL public places.
Alcohol should be banned in all public places such as pubs. I can then walk home without the fear of a drunken mob attacking me....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (83)
33.47%
No I don't (117)
47.18%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.35%

Watched Threads