This discussion is closed.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Eat cheese before you go to bed, apparently that stops you getting hungover (according to one of my friends). Another friend recommends Cheese and Onion crisps and a can of coke for brekkie if you are hungover (sounds nice, doesn't it?!). If you don't want a headache, you should drink loads of water before bed - you get a headache cos alcohol dehydrates you.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
you mean newcastle sewage?!!:eek: i nearly puked when i had that once, absolutely disguisting
lol your tastes obviously haven't matured enough, it is a superb drink. I gave it to one of my friends to drink from London and he thought it tasted great.

Adam
poowpoow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[QUOTE=byb3]I sympathise loads, I think youre having a pretty bad hangover. I've only ever had a hangover where I couldn't stomach water once before, and it lasted for two days. All I can recommend is as much sleep/water as you can possibly manage to keep down. Within 24 hours you should be feeling half way towards your normal self, and within 48 you should be back to normal. I also find denouncing drinking, and the thoughts of 'I'm never drinking again ever' seem to help.

oh god that is exactly what i was doing last tuesday!! i slept all day except from 3pm-6pm because everytime i was awake i knew i was going to be sick and i didnt want to so i had to force myself back to sleep, and i was CONVINCED that i was never drinking again, i really did believe it. it didnt work, only lasted 5 days, but hey 5 days! it could have been worse!
tgowing
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
btw, can you get ru-21 pills in England?
You can't buy them over the counter in boots or anything, but go to www.boysstuff.co.uk and you can get em on there - only about £13 a pack not that expensive if they do as they say!

Has anyone on here every used them? I dunno if you're supposed to take them while you drink or the morning after - but from what I;ve heard from my friend in the US the whole of Hollywood is using them day in day out - they've taken america by storm - on the other hand you have to bear in mind I've never met an American who can actually drink properly! 6 or 7 pints and they're gonners. Its all cos they have that stupid law that says you can't drink till you're 21 - they all go out, get bladdered and end up getting their stomachs pumped.

Do the US governemnt not realise that such draconian tactics only make things worse. In the UK you go round your mates house when your 13/14 get smashed off cider everynow and again - but so what? You quickly learn your limits and learn the effects of alcohol while your young enough not to do any serious damage (like by driving a car for instance!)

Going off at a tangent a bit there - but does anyone else agree - by making it forbidden fruit it make matters worse? Look at the French - they drink from when they're bug enough to rach it off the shelf - but alcoholism is less of a problem there than in most places.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
lol your tastes obviously haven't matured enough, it is a superb drink. I gave it to one of my friends to drink from London and he thought it tasted great.

Adam
lol I can't believe I got neg rep for this.
kart
Report 15 years ago
I've never had an alcohol induced hangover ever. I dunno why that is, seeing as I get very, very drunk. Perhaps it's the ol' hangover cure/prevention that I use. I always have a really high dose vitamin C tablet every day. If I know it's gonna be a heavy night, I take a tablet with a few glasses of water before I go out. I do the same as soon as I go back, but with at least 6 glasses. It might seem nearly impossible, but once you do it, you can just stagger into bed and relax. I told someone else to try it, and they said it worked too, so it's not just me.

Umm..the one time I did have a truly horrible hangover is when, I mixed alcohol and cannabis. I rammed a massive chunk(eighth to a quart) in my mouth with some chewing gum. I'd been smoking loads of the stuff anyway, and drinking loads. I'd eaten the stuff before, the effects lasted a lot longer than smoking, and felt better What I didn't realise was that it could go horribly wrong. First the alcohol had well and truly kicked in, then the stuff I smoked. Then all the stuff I ate did too, and I felt stoned to the point of being quite disconnected from everything. I went home, and had this weird dream thing. I was floating and I was four different people; if any of their names came up, I'd wake up and want to throw up. It was really really strange, and horrible, I was nearly in tears because I didn't want my name to come up. And I was semi-stoned all the next day( I usually am after eating draw, I've noticed), felt really weird and tired, so I slept through most of it. I couldn't eat a thing either. So that's my longest hangover as such.
I have not touched cannabis since that day.
misty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont usually get hangovers at all but 2 years ago, this easter actually, I went on an all inclusive holiday thing to gran canaria with my mum and her friends. And basically I had a vodka and coke with every meal and all throughout the days. Seems so weird looking back but at the time it didnt hurt and had no affect. Anyway, by the last night I was pretty drunk and by 12 o'clock was being sick everywhere and was then throwing up for a further 13 hours non-stop. Couldn't keep down any food so I was literally throwing up bile, hehhe. Wow, what a good story...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.82%
Labour (539)
51.48%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.47%
Green Party (58)
5.54%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)