AmyHunt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have conditional offers for psychology in University of Roehampton, Psychology in St. Mary's twickenham, Psychology and Psychology with drama in Kingston university and Psychology with counselling skills in middlesex. Does anyone have any thoughts on these courses/unis? I'm coming from Ireland so I haven't got to visit them and don't know much about them.. right now it's between roehamton and st. mary's. All advice welcome. Thank you!
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AmyHunt)
I'm interested in... psychology

I'm thinking about... studying psychology in London
Hi! Welcome to TSR.

Which university would you like to go to? I assume you haven't applied yet?

Here's the Psychology degree forum, in case you have questions, or answers! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=210
CodeJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Welcome to the site
AspiringTeacherL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AmyHunt)
I have conditional offers for psychology in University of Roehampton, Psychology in St. Mary's twickenham, Psychology and Psychology with drama in Kingston university and Psychology with counselling skills in middlesex. Does anyone have any thoughts on these courses/unis? I'm coming from Ireland so I haven't got to visit them and don't know much about them.. right now it's between roehamton and st. mary's. All advice welcome. Thank you!
Hi Amy
I'm planning on going to St. Mary's to do English and Education studies. Didn't know much about it when I applied but fell in love with it yesterday when I went for a visit. It's got a really friendly atmosphere and isn't in the slightest bit daunting (me being quite nervous this suits me down to the ground haha). Don't know anything about Roehampton, but St. Mary's is in a beautiful area with a great location, seems like a good economic choice (reasonably priced accomodation and 2 meals a day are provided) and just seems like a really supportive environment that an individual wouldn't get lost in
hope this helps!
Lauren.
James123455
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey Amy
I was in the same position as you I got accept into both Roehampton and St.Mary's to do psychology. I found both to have good atmosphere,nice locations and accommodation (Roehampton is as far as I know only self catering but does have places you can buy meals) but what I found was Roehampton lecturers for (psychology at least) were much more enthusiastic about what they were teaching than the ones at St. Mary's. In the end I chose Roehampton which i am starting this year, hope this helped a bit
James
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (42)
36.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (10)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25.44%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed