This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theone)
Oh i've just read it as well, it is interesting to see Alexander Shannon on there, he posts a bit on Nrich...

I imagine he will make the team in years to come no doubt, as long as he keeps working on it...
I take it that you can't enter again?
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I take it that you can't enter again?
Yeah I'm out now, no big deal though, I don't deserve a final 6 place, so I'm not too bothered, it was fun just to take part and learn so many new things I didn't know, i really felt at my limit with BMO2.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah I'm out now, no big deal though, I don't deserve a final 6 place, so I'm not too bothered, it was fun just to take part and learn so many new things I didn't know, i really felt at my limit with BMO2.
Least it pushed you though - This helps you to improve obviously, competing at a higher level.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Least it pushed you though - This helps you to improve obviously, competing at a higher level.
It's all a bit of fun really, it's good that you can improve, and best of luck to all who take part, but getting to the last 6 is a remarkable achievement and needs more dedication than I have had time or enthusiasm or encouragement to give over the years...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's all a bit of fun really, it's good that you can improve, and best of luck to all who take part, but getting to the last 6 is a remarkable achievement and needs more dedication than I have had time or enthusiasm or encouragement to give over the years...
In other words - You're human.
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
In other words - You're human.
We're all human, just a rare few are super-human
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good point.
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My school was in a maths competition against berkhampstead where the guy who's top in the country for maths is (though we didn't know it at the time), and he was annoyed cos he'd taken so long (2.5 hours) to answer all the questions in bmo1 - as bono says, different planet
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Put your old avatar back!!! Don't start chopping and changing! Guy with spikey black hair!
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
My school was in a maths competition against berkhampstead where the guy who's top in the country for maths is (though we didn't know it at the time), and he was annoyed cos he'd taken so long (2.5 hours) to answer all the questions in bmo1 - as bono says, different planet
Did you read his solution to q.2 on the bmo2 solutions? His solution was about 4 lines long, and ended with 'Shazaam'. That guy is a different planet I agree, he is a level above everybody else on the uk IMO team, believe me.

The new avatar is here to stay bono, until Rushda decides she wants to put 'mr chubbley' back...
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did you read his solution to q.2 on the bmo2 solutions? His solution was about 4 lines long, and ended with 'Shazaam'. That guy is a different planet I agree, he is a level above everybody else on the uk IMO team, believe me.
Yeah, whatever planet he's from it's in a time warp somewhere!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

The new avatar is here to stay bono, until Rushda decides she wants to put 'mr chubbley' back...
How many lines would it have taken most people?
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
How many lines would it have taken most people?
The average solution seemed about 1/2 a page to a side. There was also the comment 'Martin Orr (who's on the IMO team and was on last year's IMO team) produced an entirely correct solution which, believe me, you don't want to know'
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmm- I got into the next level thing for maths kangaroo challenge- but I don't know if that's any good or not.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The average solution seemed about 1/2 a page to a side. There was also the comment 'Martin Orr (who's on the IMO team and was on last year's IMO team) produced an entirely correct solution which, believe me, you don't want to know'
Ok, I'll take your word for it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (299)
46.36%
No (74)
11.47%
I'm not old enough (272)
42.17%

Watched Threads