The Student Room Group

Most effective way to revise, please?! Have I left revision too late?

Feel like I am going to flat out fail.

First exams in three weeks - AS retake, got a C - haven't even look at June A2 ones. Philosophy is pretty intense.

Any advice guys? Feel demotivated. Feel like nothing matters.

Birmingham want AAA for my course. I am one grade below the requirement, how should I start revising effectively? Can I do it? Nothings going into my brain!
Reply 1
What subjects are you doing? Do they have a lot of content?
Reply 2
Original post by Utterly-confused

First exams in three weeks - AS retake, got a C - haven't even look at June A2 ones. Philosophy is pretty intense.

Birmingham want AAA for my course. I am one grade below the requirement, how should I start revising effectively? Can I do it? Nothings going into my brain!

No , you haven't left it too late. You should do a revision timetable today and firstly mark out all your exams. I felt like this a couple of weeks ago - espec for psychology.

Write down all your topics for all subjects and in different moments , spend 10 mins writing everything you remember and in a different colour go back look at notes and write what you missed out. Here, I put this on a revision card and only revise what don't know.

I am also retaking AS , I am attending their classes but most of it not revising because it is suprising how much I remember and also it is so easy going back to AS psychology as A2 is more complex.

Just out of interest, what philosophy course are you doing? I am doing OCR Religious Studies which includes Philosophy and Ethics. If this is the same as you I have life saving revision books you can get :smile: x

Stay active. Take Breaks. Change up ways to revise.
Original post by Polkadot2
No , you haven't left it too late. You should do a revision timetable today and firstly mark out all your exams. I felt like this a couple of weeks ago - espec for psychology.

Write down all your topics for all subjects and in different moments , spend 10 mins writing everything you remember and in a different colour go back look at notes and write what you missed out. Here, I put this on a revision card and only revise what don't know.

I am also retaking AS , I am attending their classes but most of it not revising because it is suprising how much I remember and also it is so easy going back to AS psychology as A2 is more complex.

Just out of interest, what philosophy course are you doing? I am doing OCR Religious Studies which includes Philosophy and Ethics. If this is the same as you I have life saving revision books you can get :smile: x

Stay active. Take Breaks. Change up ways to revise.

Hey love, and I have a revision timetable, it's more the fact that I remember NOTHING. That's my issue. When I attempt past papers, it is OUT OF MY HEAD. :'( I need three As and I have no backup plan if I fail! I am so stressed!

I'm on AQA Philosophy. Doing religious experience, Nietzsche, Art and tolerance. Wow, what book is it?

How do you remember what you have learnt? I have three weeks to get an A?!
Reply 4
Hey love, and I have a revision timetable, it's more the fact that I remember NOTHING. That's my issue. When I attempt past papers, it is OUT OF MY HEAD. :'( I need three As and I have no backup plan if I fail! I am so stressed!

I'm on AQA Philosophy. Doing religious experience, Nietzsche, Art and tolerance. Wow, what book is it?

Some people cram the night before and get A's its not unheard of. Do not stress, that is the worst thing you can do. Do not go over things that you know. Go over things you don't know. Work hard, put in the hours. You can do it.
You haven't left it too late don't worry :smile: Quality of revision over the quantity. I'm having trouble remembering everything too so I've started to go over each topic in detail answering questions and then I plan to go over them again so I make sure it stays put :smile:
Reply 6

You're going to hate it. Practice to remember. Lucky you, on AQA Philosophy, my sixth form is changing to that spec for next year which is so annoying because OCR is more difficult (I am stressed for Philosophy as we haven't even finished the spec yet!! )

I need 3 B's as I only got one offer so yeh I know what you're feeling ! What course are you looking into?
You're going to hate it. Practice to remember. Lucky you, on AQA Philosophy, my sixth form is changing to that spec for next year which is so annoying because OCR is more difficult (I am stressed for Philosophy as we haven't even finished the spec yet!! )

I need 3 B's as I only got one offer so yeh I know what you're feeling ! What course are you looking into?

What did you get last year? Philosophy is a KILLER either way. I remember **** all! How do I practice to remember? :frown:

I need AAA for English and History joint honours at Birmingham. You?
Reply 8
What did you get last year? Philosophy is a KILLER either way. I remember **** all! How do I practice to remember? :frown:

I need AAA for English and History joint honours at Birmingham. You?

I got a C overall :frown: , what about you? are they the only topic you need for A2?

We have :
Life after Death
Religious Experience
Religious Language -- all really long topics

We haven't covered/finished
Attributes of God
Revelation
Miracles
I got a C overall :frown: , what about you? are they the only topic you need for A2?

We have :
Life after Death
Religious Experience
Religious Language -- all really long topics

We haven't covered/finished
Attributes of God
Revelation
Miracles

That's ALLOT.
Good luck hun!

I am still having to do Morality ALL BY MYSELF and my retakes - I got CRAP on one - :frown: my teacher doesn't even let us do essays for her..
No you haven't, make a timetable and stick to it
Reply 11

Recite things over and over again until it sticks. REPETITION IS THE KEY.
That's ALLOT.
Good luck hun!

I am still having to do Morality ALL BY MYSELF and my retakes - I got CRAP on one - :frown: my teacher doesn't even let us do essays for her..

I know, my friend is retaking the year on AQA and wish we could switch topics. I love the learning aspect on OCR really interesting but what really matters is the end result ! x

Good Luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest