The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by a.abdulaziz
I got 6As 5Bs and a C in my GCSE's is my gcse's going to affect my chance of gettinin imperial college or not?

I doubt it, it's very competitive and the official name of the uni is imperial college of science technology and medicine.
Reply 2
I got 6As 5Bs and a C in my GCSE's is my gcse's going to affect my chance of gettinin imperial college or not?

Depends on what subjects those are in. Have a look here for a list of GCSE requirements for ALL universities in the UK. You may meet Imperial's if you have As and Bs in the right combination in the right subjects. But do bear in mind that they have other selection procedures too, like the BMAT and A-levels, and your GCSEs are probably below average for medicine applicants, so you need to think about widening your choices and applying to your strengths.
Reply 3
To be honest I don't think there is much chance of getting into imperial maybe try somewhere with lower gcse requirements. I know this may not be what you want to here but if you want to do medicine you need apply strategically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by staks
To be honest I don't think there is much chance of getting into imperial maybe try somewhere with lower gcse requirements. I know this may not be what you want to here but if you want to do medicine you need apply strategically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what has the lowest gcse requirments?
Reply 5
All applicants must have the following subjects at GCSE level, at grades AAABB or above (in any order):

Biology (or Human Biology)
Chemistry
English Language
Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics or Statistics)
Physics
The Science double award may substitute all sciences at GCSE. However these are the minimum most applicants will have a lot higher grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by staks
All applicants must have the following subjects at GCSE level, at grades AAABB or above (in any order):

Biology (or Human Biology)
Chemistry
English Language
Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics or Statistics)
Physics
The Science double award may substitute all sciences at GCSE. However these are the minimum most applicants will have a lot higher grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

which uni is this?
Reply 7

Yeah, Imperial is probably not a good risk to take. They rate their applicants pre-interview on a range of criteria, including GCSE's.
Reply 8
Original post by 391iady
which uni is this?

Imperial copied directly from their website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

If you don't mind me asking what subjects are you doing for AS level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by staks
Imperial copied directly from their website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank u
Reply 11
Original post by 391iady
thank u

No problem:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was also thinking of applying for medicine at imperial, but by reading the comments i'm not as confident whether i should...

I have 1a*,1 distinction, 6a's, 3b's and a pass.

I really want to do medicine, but can i still apply? Am i making the right decision?
Reply 13
Original post by ~amethyst~
I was also thinking of applying for medicine at imperial, but by reading the comments i'm not as confident whether i should...

I have 1a*,1 distinction, 6a's, 3b's and a pass.

I really want to do medicine, but can i still apply? Am i making the right decision?

If you really want to go there then give it a shot. If you get all A's at AS Level and are willing to do the BMAT. Of course you need the right A levels as well. I'm applying next year as well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by staks
If you really want to go there then give it a shot. If you get all A's at AS Level and are willing to do the BMAT. Of course you need the right A levels as well. I'm applying next year as well!!

i'm doing maths,chem,bio and psychology. I thought they were changing it to the UKCAT?

Good luck x
Reply 15
Original post by ~amethyst~
i'm doing maths,chem,bio and psychology. I thought they were changing it to the UKCAT?

Good luck x

As far as I know for 2015 entry it is still the BMAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending