Anyone doing king Lear and burial at Thebes 14th may??

Watch this thread
username973803
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
For any of you sitting the exam I was wondering what you think will come up and how you're structuring your revision. Additionally are you doing rape of the lock??
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Procrastinator123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yea I'm doing this exam!
Not rape of the lock though
I've been trying to look over past exam questions and past essays... But it's so hard to remember everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
username973803
Rep:
(Original post by Procrastinator123)
Yea I'm doing this exam!
Not rape of the lock though
I've been trying to look over past exam questions and past essays... But it's so hard to remember everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the exam and I'm panicking! I've no idea what to learn! All I'm learning is context, themes and quotes. Like I've no idea..
Procrastinator123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NicolaM)
I'm doing the exam and I'm panicking! I've no idea what to learn! All I'm learning is context, themes and quotes. Like I've no idea..
You're doing this with CCEA right? What's your second paper on (16th may?)
For me: 1st paper- Lear/Thebes and the pardoner's tale.
2nd paper- The Stranger/The catcher in the rye and the butcher boy.

I've not even looked at Lear and Thebes yet believe it or not... I'm probably going to start it tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
username973803
Rep:
You're doing this with CCEA right? What's your second paper on (16th may?)
For me: 1st paper- Lear/Thebes and the pardoner's tale.
2nd paper- The Stranger/The catcher in the rye and the butcher boy.

I've not even looked at Lear and Thebes yet believe it or not... I'm probably going to start it tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea but my second paper is jane eyre/wide sargasso sea/ illusionist. Oh goodness! I'm halfway through learning my quotes, what do you thinks coming up?
Procrastinator123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yea but my second paper is jane eyre/wide sargasso sea/ illusionist. Oh goodness! I'm halfway through learning my quotes, what do you thinks coming up?
No Idea I hope it's about Tragic Heroes/Heroine or just any question of that kind regarding the main characters (Antigone/Creon/Lear/Cordelia) If it's concerning any of the minor characters I'm pretty screwed. What do you think/hope?

Do you have any information on Drama at that time? All I really know are things like Greek dramas were for worship/the chorus provided moral judgement. and Renaissance ones were more for entertainement... like what more could you say to compare them???
username973803
Rep:
No Idea I hope it's about Tragic Heroes/Heroine or just any question of that kind regarding the main characters (Antigone/Creon/Lear/Cordelia) If it's concerning any of the minor characters I'm pretty screwed. What do you think/hope?

Do you have any information on Drama at that time? All I really know are things like Greek dramas were for worship/the chorus provided moral judgement. and Renaissance ones were more for entertainement... like what more could you say to compare them???
Yea it's on tragedy so hopefully! Not so sure about specific characters :/ just Lear, Antigone or cream would be ok. Our teacher is a new teacher and won't predict anything so we've literally no idea. Nope, I'm the same as you. Basically just learning quotes, context, know books inside and out :/ I've never heard of Renaissance in my life, I just talk about he Jacobean/Elizabethan audience..:confused:
Procrastinator123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yea it's on tragedy so hopefully! Not so sure about specific characters :/ just Lear, Antigone or cream would be ok. Our teacher is a new teacher and won't predict anything so we've literally no idea. Nope, I'm the same as you. Basically just learning quotes, context, know books inside and out :/ I've never heard of Renaissance in my life, I just talk about he Jacobean/Elizabethan audience..:confused:
Don't worry, Renaissance is just another term for that era!

Ahhhh fingers crossed that something that we can talk about comes up I pretty much have nothing to say about the sub plot with Edmund/Gloucester etc etc, do you??

The amount of English we actually have is unbearable, I'm resitting AS as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
username973803
Rep:

Ahhhh fingers crossed that something that we can talk about comes up I pretty much have nothing to say about the sub plot with Edmund/Gloucester etc etc, do you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! The gods came up last year and it would have been a nice paper I just say that it kinda enhances the overall message of the play..don't keep me by it tho. Yea!! I have these 2 papers plus gatsby, 3 history papers and 2 ict papers!!!
username973803
Rep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you think of the exam? I thought it was terrible!!!! Like what event was that
Procrastinator123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What did you think of the exam? I thought it was terrible!!!! Like what event was that
Yes what the hell, moral message??? Uhm I was seriously hoping for a question on Tragic hero/heroine. Highly doubt I've done well in that. My section A was okay though (I think), how was your other one?
username973803
Rep:
Yes what the hell, moral message??? Uhm I was seriously hoping for a question on Tragic hero/heroine. Highly doubt I've done well in that. My section A was okay though (I think), how was your other one?
I know!!!! I was so confused. What did u argue? I said that because BAT is written for the gods it did have a clear moral message following the tragedy conventions however Lear didn't have a moral message only mini messages :confused: and that it was created for the purging of emotions and fear so didn't have a message.. :confused: terrible answer.
My other one rape of the lock was a bit sketchy but hopefully I did ok!! Hopefully.

Do you do jane eyre?
Procrastinator123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I know!!!! I was so confused. What did u argue? I said that because BAT is written for the gods it did have a clear moral message following the tragedy conventions however Lear didn't have a moral message only mini messages :confused: and that it was created for the purging of emotions and fear so didn't have a message.. :confused: terrible answer.
My other one rape of the lock was a bit sketchy but hopefully I did ok!! Hopefully.

Do you do jane eyre?
I said something along the lines of they sometimes show moral messages through moral characteristics of the characters, and sometimes use immoral characteristics to again present moral messages? I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

No I don't, I do the Outsider and the butcher boy on Friday
There's a CCEA Eng Lit thread btw, someone else might -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post47585088
username973803
Rep:
I said something along the lines of they sometimes show moral messages through moral characteristics of the characters, and sometimes use immoral characteristics to again present moral messages? I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

No I don't, I do the Outsider and the butcher boy on Friday
There's a CCEA Eng Lit thread btw, someone else might -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post47585088
That sounds far better than my argument! Most people I spoke to seemed to argue both plays had a moral message!! :confused:, I didn't even specially say that burial at Thebes was a clear moral message just that it had one, while Lear didn't? ahhh! Thanks very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads