lilafrubexoxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello! Can someone please explain to me the structure of the English lit exams (AQA) in May... I'm kind of confused...

thank you!
lilafrube
lizardpotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's two papers, one on stories and one on poems. There's two halves to the stories paper - on the first half you answer questions on either the short stories anthology or one of the other stories, you'll have been studying it in school. On the second half you answer questions on another story. There's two parts to this as well: they give you a short extract, and you answer a question on ONLY that section, and then you answer another question on a related topic but about the whole novel.
On the poetry paper, again they split it into two parts. On the first half, there's a choice of two questions for each cluster from the Moon on the Tides anthology - you choose ONE, do only that, then go to the second half of the paper. There, they ask you a question about a poem you haven't seen before.
The stories paper is on Tuesday 20th May and the poetry paper is on Thursday 22nd May, I hope this has been helpful and good luck!
lilafrubexoxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you very much lizardpotato!! that makes so much more sense now! And if you are taking these exams too-ALL THE BEST!! -Lilafrube
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads