Beardbrah goes on a cut - but what to eat? Watch

Beardbrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Beardbrah has gone full retard.

Basically, I used to be good at eating - bulking, cutting, I knew what to eat. I knew which foods had good macro ratios. I knew how to count calories.

But, I forgot all of that and tried to live the normal life - I stopped caring about my protein intake, I stopped caring about calories, meal timing, cleanliness of foods - for all reasonable intents and purposes, I ate like a "normal person".

But now I wish to cut, and have no idea what my cutting diet should look like - as in, what foods I should eat. Daily targets: 2000kcal max, 150g protein, carb:fat ratio not fussed. Expecting to hit around ~200g daily carbs.

So, recommendations for foods to eat on this cut?
Reps4Jesus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same foods but smaller portions?

I'm a noob though so don't know lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lean meats, chicken, turkey, fish, egg whites, whey

Load up on green veg especially if you're getting hungry.

you know what macros to aim for, follow those for a good few weeks and see how you are progressing. Take photos, measurements and scales. If not losing, re-evaluate

Are you going cardio? Try and keep it to a minimum at first and see how you get off with the diet. You want to have lots of tools in the basket, don't use them all at once
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Use a tracker for a bit? It's how I developed a sense of what I'm eating. I'd think about what I'd like to eat for the week (I cook in batches so eat pretty much the same thing for 5-7 days) then put it into a tracker, play around with it as needed then go do the shopping/cooking
username369234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BKS)
Use a tracker for a bit? It's how I developed a sense of what I'm eating. I'd think about what I'd like to eat for the week (I cook in batches so eat pretty much the same thing for 5-7 days) then put it into a tracker, play around with it as needed then go do the shopping/cooking
Yep do this. Can't go wrong with MyfitnessPal
MathsAddict
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Beardbrah)

Basically, I used to be good at eating - bulking, cutting, I knew what to eat. I knew which foods had good macro ratios. I knew how to count calories.

But, I forgot all of that and tried to live the normal life - I stopped caring about my protein intake, I stopped caring about calories, meal timing, cleanliness of foods - for all reasonable intents and purposes, I ate like a "normal person".

But now I wish to cut, and have no idea what my cutting diet should look like - as in, what foods I should eat. Daily targets: 2000kcal max, 150g protein, carb:fat ratio not fussed. Expecting to hit around ~200g daily carbs.

Have you calculated your maintenance calories rather than your metabolic rate. Once you figured that out then just hit your macros and eat less than your maintenance calories ( up to you to decide the deficit).
If you're cutting and lifting I recommend higher protein intake 1.2-1.6g of protein per pound of body weight. Lower your carbs but not too low stay between 100-200g, gradually lowering it from 200 to 100 as you go down to lower bf%.
Meats: Lean Chicken, Turkey, Lean Fish, Lean beef
Carbs: Porridge, Wholemeal Bread, Sweet potatoes etc.. anything that is a complex carbohydrate.
Vegtables: Broccolli, Spinach, Cauliflower etc..
Fruits: Apple, orange but keep in mind between 100g-200g of carbs.

Choose between high intensitiy or slow long cardio 3-4 times a week with a lifting routine between 3-5 times a week.
Good Luck
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to ask HFerguson

Sent from my HTC One
NathanDYEL
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
2000kcl max? what are you like 130lbs........Way to cut Auschwitz style
Beardbrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by NathanDYEL)
2000kcl max? what are you like 130lbs........Way to cut Auschwitz style
There are.. reasons..that I won't lose any muscle mass running 2000kcal. You get a gold star if you guess right.

(Original post by silent ninja)
You need to ask HFerguson

Sent from my HTC One
Lold. Love how everyone in this thread has treated me like an utter retard - "calculate maintenance calories brauh" and "eat 1.2-1.6g of protein bruh". I know this. I just want to know WHAT foods to eat.

"Eat less of what youre currently eating" isn't of much use to me when my diet is coke, chocolate, cereal, sandwiches, and sainsburys mini chocolate flapjack bites, and cigarettes.
NathanDYEL
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are.. reasons..that I won't lose any muscle mass running 2000kcal. You get a gold star if you guess right.
1)You have some weird disease so you dont have any muscle anyway/very little.

2)You're using steroids/PHs/HGH.

3)Wheres my gold star you slut.

Beardbrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by NathanDYEL)
1)You have some weird disease so you dont have any muscle anyway/very little.

2)You're using steroids/PHs/HGH.

3)Wheres my gold star you slut.

First answer was correct, it's hard to lose muscle mass when you don't have any. I actually don't even lift.
NathanDYEL
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Id say eat lots of fish. Yurp just fish. Cod to be precise. Fish.

Fish.
NathanDYEL
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When a 135lb 5,11 guy who only trains Bis and Chest says he lifts, is that as bad as a fat girl who says she is curvy....... hmmm ?
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Winstrol.
username369234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Lold. Love how everyone in this thread has treated me like an utter retard - "calculate maintenance calories brauh" and "eat 1.2-1.6g of protein bruh". I know this. I just want to know WHAT foods to eat.

"Eat less of what youre currently eating" isn't of much use to me when my diet is coke, chocolate, cereal, sandwiches, and sainsburys mini chocolate flapjack bites, and cigarettes.
Food choices are pretty simple. Lean meats, natural wholesome foods, no processed jazz. Lots of leafy green veg to keep you full.
Beardbrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by commandant)
Food choices are pretty simple. Lean meats, natural wholesome foods, no processed jazz. Lots of leafy green veg to keep you full.
could probs make that fill about 1500kcal worth of kcal. I just don't know how to eat anymore FML
Old School
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
x
Eat usual BBing food. It's boring and very not fancy however it gets results for basically everyone.

Have a lowish carb shake prior to every meal. This will give you moar proteinz which is never a bad thing.

Or google apex predator diet and do that. It's crazy but it works.
Appeal to reason
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quark?
silent ninja
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Appeal to reason)
Quark?
I'm pretty sure his alter ego went on a sainsburys Quark binge a while ago. It was the rage. I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my HTC One
Riku
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

On a side note, I get annoyed when people hint this suggestion at me. It makes me feel like trying to take care of myself for the good of my physical and mental health and confidence makes me some sort of super-freak. Some people in this country have a messed up attitude to a healthy lifestyle :roll eyes:

Regarding the OP

Regarding this, I would have thought cutting down on these on a cut would be way more obvious than calculating macros and protein requirements. The NHS recommends this, come on :P

It's all about going natty brah lean meats, eggs, (some) milk and dairy (?) shiploads of veg, low on the carbs, basically zilch sugar-so most of that stuff except maybe your own homemade sandwich

I'm not meaning to be patronising, just 'showing you the light' per se. Not that I'd ever survive a cut lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (368)
44.39%
No (87)
10.49%
I'm not old enough (374)
45.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise