14.5 BMI

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
i'm 18yo female
height - 5ft 1
weight - 5.5 stones
I do not have a ED. I do not know why my weight is this low, even when i eat unhealthy.

If i speak to my gp will they make me go to hospital due to my low bmi? :erm:
Observatory
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Possibilities:

1. You eat too little, even if you eat too little of "unhealthy" foods.

2. You have a serious medical condition eg. tape worms, cancer, etc.

14.5 is a very low BMI. A doctor is likely to be interested in ruling out 2. first. You will probably be asked to describe your diet in detail. If your diet is clearly not sufficient that's the most likely cause.
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
You need to seriously review your diet. What is a typical days food intake for you?
Me123456789
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'm 18yo female
height - 5ft 1
weight - 5.5 stones
I do not have a ED. I do not know why my weight is this low, even when i eat unhealthy.

If i speak to my gp will they make me go to hospital due to my low bmi? :erm:
What is your diet like?
yo radical one
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Are you one of these people who has an unhealthy diet, but you don't eat much and/or regularly?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
You need to seriously review your diet. What is a typical days food intake for you?

(Original post by Me123456789)
What is your diet like?

Usually i have 2x weetabix and soya milk for breakfast, banana/apple for break, pasta for lunch, and veggie burger / chips / rice for dinner.

I eat exactly the same amount as my friends who are healthy weight though
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Usually i have 2x weetabix and soya milk for breakfast, banana/apple for break, pasta for lunch, and veggie burger / chips / rice for dinner.

I eat exactly the same amount as my friends who are healthy weight though
How big are your portions though?

I'm guessing you're vegetarian? That's going to make it a lot harder to get protein.
A future Midwife
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
They wouldn't make you go to hospital - they would refer you to a dietician and do some blood tests to rule out any other health problems that might be causing it though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (273)
42%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.23%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.38%

Watched Threads