This discussion is closed.
Hoofbeat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I was out for meal tonight at Pizza Express and was sturggling to cut my pizza into small pieces, so I cut it into slices and ate it with my fingers. No-one gave me any weird looks but everyone else in the restaurant was using their knife and fork!

Do you think it's ok to eat Pizza with your fingers when you're out?! I wasnt like getting in a mess with it and was eating it daintly! lol
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Were you drinking beer at the same time? Consider this carefully. It can affect the answer.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've never eaten Pizza with a knife and fork.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I've never eaten Pizza with a knife and fork.
It's just wrong, Pizza's meant to be eaten using your hands.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hoofbeat)
I was out for meal tonight at Pizza Express and was sturggling to cut my pizza into small pieces, so I cut it into slices and ate it with my fingers. No-one gave me any weird looks but everyone else in the restaurant was using their knife and fork!

Do you think it's ok to eat Pizza with your fingers when you're out?! I wasnt like getting in a mess with it and was eating it daintly! lol
I've always felt the urge to cut pizza without using knives and forks at Pizza Express, but i conform.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Use what nature gave you! For pizza anyway. Hands it is.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hoofbeat)

eating pizza with your hands is perfectly acceptable, using a knife and fork tends to look a bit pretentious.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
It's just wrong, Pizza's meant to be eaten using your hands.
I know, it just seems weird eating pizza with a knife and fork.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
pizza hut or others - hands
pizza express or something even classier - knife and fork of course
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I ate pizza today in Est Est Est with a knife and fork. They serve those weird thin things though and they aren't pre-cut so its the order of the day to use cutlery. Pizza with fingers is sooo post-booze-up!
Or take-away?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pizza is not a classy food, it doesn't matter where it's served the content doesn't change. Use the hands.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Pizza is surpassed only by a rack of ribs as the food hardest to eat manually without getting yourself in a complete mess.
I take it you haven't tried eating soup using your hands.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
pizza hut or others - hands
pizza express or something even classier - knife and fork of course
I do agree, but I think you have to look deeper to see why this is. Pizza Express pizza is very thin and therefore difficult to eat with your hands. It goes all floppy and falls apart. On the other hand less traditional, Americanised pizzas, such as those found in Pizza Hut, have a more rigid base, and are therefore ideal to cut into slices and eat with your hands.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I do agree, but I think you have to look deeper to see why this is. Pizza Express pizza is very thin and therefore difficult to eat with your hands. It goes all floppy and falls apart. On the other hand less traditional, Americanised pizzas, such as those found in Pizza Hut, have a more rigid base, and are therefore ideal to cut into slices and eat with your hands.
are you people all dizzy?

hands - either cut up the pizza into small bits or fold it in half (thin base remember) and the rigidity will keep it straight.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)

hands - either cut up the pizza into small bits or fold it in half (thin base remember) and the rigidity will keep it straight.
Thank god someone has sense!

USE HANDS!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

But once you've cut it up into small pieces you might as well just use your knife and fork! :rolleyes:
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Thank god someone has sense!

USE HANDS!
I think you should calm down Bono - but the unspoken/unwritten rule in Pizza Express is you must use your knives and forks to eat/cut your pizza.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I think you should calm down Bono - but the unspoken/unwritten rule in Pizza Express is you must use your knives and forks to eat/cut your pizza.
Well that's stupid. Pizza was made to be eaten with hands, it's how it is.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
But once you've cut it up into small pieces you might as well just use your knife and fork! :rolleyes:
well theres always that; but it works both ways!

in any case, isnt pizza express hideously overpriced?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well theres always that; but it works both ways!

in any case, isnt pizza express hideously overpriced?
Lol, yes it is! Their pizzas keep getting smaller and their prices keep going up! It's not very fair, although I have to admit I've jumped ship to Ask (they do a really nice banoffee pie).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.67%
Labour (546)
51.75%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.36%
Green Party (58)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)