The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Were you drinking beer at the same time? Consider this carefully. It can affect the answer.
I've never eaten Pizza with a knife and fork.
Reply 3
bono
I've never eaten Pizza with a knife and fork.

It's just wrong, Pizza's meant to be eaten using your hands.
Hoofbeat
I was out for meal tonight at Pizza Express and was sturggling to cut my pizza into small pieces, so I cut it into slices and ate it with my fingers. No-one gave me any weird looks but everyone else in the restaurant was using their knife and fork!

Do you think it's ok to eat Pizza with your fingers when you're out?! I wasnt like getting in a mess with it and was eating it daintly! lol

I've always felt the urge to cut pizza without using knives and forks at Pizza Express, but i conform.
Use what nature gave you! For pizza anyway. Hands it is.
Hoofbeat
I was out for meal tonight at Pizza Express and was sturggling to cut my pizza into small pieces, so I cut it into slices and ate it with my fingers. No-one gave me any weird looks but everyone else in the restaurant was using their knife and fork!

Do you think it's ok to eat Pizza with your fingers when you're out?! I wasnt like getting in a mess with it and was eating it daintly! lol

eating pizza with your hands is perfectly acceptable, using a knife and fork tends to look a bit pretentious.
G4ry
It's just wrong, Pizza's meant to be eaten using your hands.

I know, it just seems weird eating pizza with a knife and fork.
pizza hut or others - hands
pizza express or something even classier - knife and fork of course :biggrin:
piginapoke
I ate pizza today in Est Est Est with a knife and fork. They serve those weird thin things though and they aren't pre-cut so its the order of the day to use cutlery. Pizza with fingers is sooo post-booze-up!

Or take-away?
Reply 10
Pizza is not a classy food, it doesn't matter where it's served the content doesn't change. Use the hands.
Reply 11
piginapoke
Pizza is surpassed only by a rack of ribs as the food hardest to eat manually without getting yourself in a complete mess.

I take it you haven't tried eating soup using your hands.
Reply 12
Kurdt Morello
pizza hut or others - hands
pizza express or something even classier - knife and fork of course :biggrin:

I do agree, but I think you have to look deeper to see why this is. Pizza Express pizza is very thin and therefore difficult to eat with your hands. It goes all floppy and falls apart. On the other hand less traditional, Americanised pizzas, such as those found in Pizza Hut, have a more rigid base, and are therefore ideal to cut into slices and eat with your hands.
Reply 13
Zapsta
I do agree, but I think you have to look deeper to see why this is. Pizza Express pizza is very thin and therefore difficult to eat with your hands. It goes all floppy and falls apart. On the other hand less traditional, Americanised pizzas, such as those found in Pizza Hut, have a more rigid base, and are therefore ideal to cut into slices and eat with your hands.

are you people all dizzy?

hands - either cut up the pizza into small bits or fold it in half (thin base remember) and the rigidity will keep it straight.
kikzen

hands - either cut up the pizza into small bits or fold it in half (thin base remember) and the rigidity will keep it straight.

Thank god someone has sense!

USE HANDS!
Reply 15
kikzen

But once you've cut it up into small pieces you might as well just use your knife and fork! :rolleyes:
bono
Thank god someone has sense!

USE HANDS!

I think you should calm down Bono - but the unspoken/unwritten rule in Pizza Express is you must use your knives and forks to eat/cut your pizza.
waiting2smile
I think you should calm down Bono - but the unspoken/unwritten rule in Pizza Express is you must use your knives and forks to eat/cut your pizza.

Well that's stupid. Pizza was made to be eaten with hands, it's how it is.
Reply 18
Zapsta
But once you've cut it up into small pieces you might as well just use your knife and fork! :rolleyes:

well theres always that; but it works both ways!

in any case, isnt pizza express hideously overpriced?
Reply 19
kikzen
well theres always that; but it works both ways!

in any case, isnt pizza express hideously overpriced?

Lol, yes it is! Their pizzas keep getting smaller and their prices keep going up! It's not very fair, although I have to admit I've jumped ship to Ask (they do a really nice banoffee pie).

Latest

Trending

Trending