How many close friends do you have?

Watch
Poll: How many close friends do you have?
1 (11)
18.03%
2 (10)
16.39%
3 (10)
16.39%
4 (9)
14.75%
5 (9)
14.75%
6 (6)
9.84%
7 (5)
8.2%
8 (0)
0%
9 (0)
0%
10 (0)
0%
More than 10 (1)
1.64%
DouglasAdams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I mean proper good friends you cam confide in, always count on etc.
Personally, I think I have 7 :-)
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have six that I genuinely absolutely trust. However, I do have many other friends besides - just not as close with.
PricklyPorcupine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't really trust many people. However, I find it easier to let go around about 2 or 3 people.
suzylemonade
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is it sad that I just realised that I had absolutely nobody like that. I have a number of friends, but I don't trust any of them- definitely not enough to confide in them.
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One. Maybe two at a push.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
About 6, maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. I've known her since I was four so we do know stuff about each other that no one else does. But strictly speaking, I wouldn't tell her everything about me. I don't trust people too much.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Does my mum count? If so, one.
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Zero... Maybe 1 I'm 'friends' with lots of people but I don't trust many people at all. This excludes family

I can wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dr. Robert
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If anyone can say they have more than three friends they can absolutely trust, they're either very lucky or very naive.

It's so hard for me to count my friends -- some of my closest friends are the ones I see the least.

In all honesty, I'm friends with around twenty or thirty people, but only around seven people come to mind who are close friends I go out with regularly (not in groups, just us two) and talk to often on the phone.

Saying that, I wouldn't put it past any of them to not be trustworthy given certain situations.
georgexD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 3 close friends that I can really trust

Posted from TSR Mobile
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by suzylemonade)
Is it sad that I just realised that I had absolutely nobody like that. I have a number of friends, but I don't trust any of them- definitely not enough to confide in them.
I would honestly not worry; your situation is not at all sad. Until last year, I had about 1 close friend (who is one of those who wouldn't like to talk about it, lol). Then I grew close with one of my other friends and met and developed relationships with 5 brilliant people this year.
The only thing I would say though is that true friends require real time and investment and cannot just be people you "wouldn't mind chatting to". If you're prepared to invest that time and effort, and I certainly advise it, I'm sure you'll have plenty
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just one, friends since yr 11 at school and she's practically family.

I have uni friends and we still meet up every few months (graduated last year), I could ask for advice I guess, but I wouldn't tell them really serious stuff, not that I don't necessarily trust them to keep it to themselves, just I wouldn't be comfortable doing so.
username1003420
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have about 6: 1 from secondary, 2 from college and 3 from uni. I have many other friends but they're not close friends and I would never be able to confide in them.
DouglasAdams
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dr. Robert)
If anyone can say they have more than three friends they can absolutely trust, they're either very lucky or very naive.

It's so hard for me to count my friends -- some of my closest friends are the ones I see the least.

In all honesty, I'm friends with around twenty or thirty people, but only around seven people come to mind who are close friends I go out with regularly (not in groups, just us two) and talk to often on the phone.

Saying that, I wouldn't put it past any of them to not be trustworthy given certain situations.
Those 7 you mention as your close friends are rather similar to the situation with mine. But I do think that you should be able to trust them, and likewise they should the people you would never betray. After all, why spend so much time with someone who could reveal your secrets at a push and shove?
awe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Two, one I wouldn't talk to about many things and we don't see each other much, but I consider him very close in that we know each other. The second 'close friend' is my partner.
Dr. Robert
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
Those 7 you mention as your close friends are rather similar to the situation with mine. But I do think that you should be able to trust them, and likewise they should the people you would never betray. After all, why spend so much time with someone who could reveal your secrets at a push and shove?
I'm an open person by nature and don't mind people knowing personal things about me -- hey, I volunteer most of the information -- I'm not shy by any measure.

But... there are certain things that I wouldn't tell anyone -- and I'm sure everyone is like this whether they admit it or not.
kjames1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think there are 6 people I could call in the middle of the night and who would be there for anything and are absolutely reliable. I have other friends who I get on really well with but I don't feel like they are as reliable and solid friends, but I think everyone has friends like that to varying degrees.
KatyRSC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 1 really close friend that I've known since primary school, yr 3 is when me and her met.

And I'm kind of close to 5 of the people in the class, who we all share bits with each other.
purplelamp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I have no friends by my own choice, but I would say my boyfriend is my best friend and the person I know I can count on to always be there when I need him, he knows more about me than anyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.5%
I'm not sure (51)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.36%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.58%

Watched Threads