Best 5 Uni's for ME to studt Geology at. Watch

WillW97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently studying Geology Geography Maths and Physics AS levels and I am definitely going to drop Physics next year due to my difficulty and currently lack of interest with the subject but I will carry the others on into A2. I was wondering what would be the best 5 uni's for me to pick. I am looking at ABB as a maximum so I was thinking two or three at ABB and then two or three insurance Uni's. The courses I would be more interested in would be ones with a decent amount of maths involved and I enjoy physical geography too and I am very much interested in Engineering Geology. I have looked at Manchester and Southampton and I know that Southampton is known for earth/marine sciences but I saw that Birbeck was fith for geology in a league table i found I was also looking at Plymouth. Thanks for reading, hope you can help
FlyHigh_er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WillW97)
I am currently studying Geology Geography Maths and Physics AS levels and I am definitely going to drop Physics next year due to my difficulty and currently lack of interest with the subject but I will carry the others on into A2. I was wondering what would be the best 5 uni's for me to pick. I am looking at ABB as a maximum so I was thinking two or three at ABB and then two or three insurance Uni's. The courses I would be more interested in would be ones with a decent amount of maths involved and I enjoy physical geography too and I am very much interested in Engineering Geology. I have looked at Manchester and Southampton and I know that Southampton is known for earth/marine sciences but I saw that Birbeck was fith for geology in a league table i found I was also looking at Plymouth. Thanks for reading, hope you can help
Leicester, Birmingham, Bristol (if your school is in the bottom 40%, check the list), Manchester, Southampton, Cardiff, RHU.

I can't really think of any more. With ABB you can get into all these.

If you feel you can defo get ABB don't feel an insurance of different grades is necessary - my firm and insurance are the same grades.

Also ignore the tables for geology, geology is very different from other subjects that the tables can't really help much. Of these I would say for engineering geology, Manchester is the best, for mathematical content, Bristol, and physical stuff Birmingham. All three of these have a good mix of each.

Note: Bristol is worlds best in volcanology, Manchester is the best in the UK in petroleum eng/geoscience bar imperial, Birmingham is the UK best in mapping and field work and structural etc. as you said, Southampton is UK's best in ocean geology.

I would say pick four of these and then one BBB uni, or below, depending on what your results are like and what you think you can do at A2.

If you have more qu.s, just ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
16.01%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.09%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (87)
19.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14.04%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.53%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.26%

Watched Threads