The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont know what made me take chemistry but i am regretting it now. got an A in AS cos its was realatively simple compared to ALEVEL . cehmistry is the EVIL.
TRhat is just so me. I am finished with AS now, and the Module one retake went worse than the first one. The second exam was quite easy I thought.

Some people are just not made for Chemistry. :-)
hi. i agree with the statement that some people are not made for chemistry but i think it is good everyone is allowed a shot at it.

i did double award science for GCSE and i got CC for it. i really want to do animal sciences or equine sciences at uni but i think i will have a better chance of acceptance if i have a second science. i think that if you want to do well and you put enough effort in to the work, you will get the grade.

Good luck to all those also doing A2 chemistry
Reply 4
i think you are definatly hardcore if you get a chemistry a level coz its like doin 2 a levels :smile:
i completely agree. i wish i hadn't taken it coz the exam was evil as i 4got all the stuff i learnt but i really want 2 get a grade! chemistry is one hardcore subject. what subjects r u doing?
louise xx
Reply 6
chemistry is not the hardest a-level- i would say maths is, but i gave up chem at as level so i dont no anything about a2, bout a2maths is impossible. Chemistry is prob second though, its harder than physics and biology, and most the other a levels are nothing to those 4
Reply 7
i agree maths is very hard my mate is doin it and i could never do it but as i have no experience of it i will say chem is the hardest maybe stretch to chem and maths being joint first :smile:
and answering ur question
i am doin bio with chem lou :smile: xx
What? You're kidding. Maths is easy. Even Further Maths is. All it takes is practice.

But Chem isn't exactly just practice. There are many variations of questions that you just can't get familiar with them all. What's more, there is a lot of recall required. The Chem Synoptic is the major killer, requiring recall from all 5 units of Chemistry. Half a unit already itself requires lots of time to memorise, especially equations, in particular those from A2 units.
Hey,

I agree maths is easy :redface:) Esp. Pure - I love it!! Everyone in my class hates me though cos noone else understands it!

Chem is definately harder, but for some unknown reason i have decided to do it at uni, - i suppose i must like a challenge!! I'm starting to think I'm mad!! Especially as I've just got home from sitting unit 4 & biochem papers & unit 4 was HORRIBLE!!!
Does anyone else do Nuffield Chem? How did you find the exams? Did you do the biochem option module?
Reply 10
Im coming to the end of my course and thus pressurised at present in the following subjects:

Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

Chemistry is by far the hardest. I cashed my Maths A level in straight away last year. I wish I hadnt as my D1 went bad and I couldve done with the extra marks. Physics is alright. Biology is a joke of a subject and shouldnt be in the same league as chem. That is the fantastic subject league in my head methinks. Hmmm yes that shall suffice.... mwahahhahahahahahahahahaa!
Reply 11
well ok then the conclusion can be that to do maths if u have a gift(which i definately dont) then its wicked but its very hard work otherwise and chem is like joint hardest with it :smile: xx
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hey,

I agree maths is easy :redface:) Esp. Pure - I love it!! Everyone in my class hates me though cos noone else understands it!

Chem is definately harder, but for some unknown reason i have decided to do it at uni, - i suppose i must like a challenge!! I'm starting to think I'm mad!! Especially as I've just got home from sitting unit 4 & biochem papers & unit 4 was HORRIBLE!!!
Does anyone else do Nuffield Chem? How did you find the exams? Did you do the biochem option module?

You flatter yourself thinking that everyone in your class hates u cos ur good at maths - far more likely it's 'cos ur a pain in the a*** about it!
Try being a little more modest and you'll DEFINITELY be more popular!
Originally posted by Unregistered
You flatter yourself thinking that everyone in your class hates u cos ur good at maths - far more likely it's 'cos ur a pain in the a*** about it!
Try being a little more modest and you'll DEFINITELY be more popular!

That's not the reason at all - I had to do maths at a different school to where I go & so I was in a class of people who had been at school together for 6 years & then me! I try never to answer the questions the teacher asks cos i dont wanna piss people off!!
I was going quite unnoticed until the teacher decided to read my january exams results out infront of the whole class!! Then they started hating me!!
Reply 14
Unregistered
i completely agree. i wish i hadn't taken it coz the exam was evil as i 4got all the stuff i learnt but i really want 2 get a grade! chemistry is one hardcore subject. what subjects r u doing?
louise xx

You're not the only one! lol. I wish i never took it too! I'm doin so bad at it, its laughable considering i got A*A* for Dual!! Was one of my best subjects!

hmmm... i notice of lot of u peeps are doin quite related sibjects for your other A Levels... ha, im not!! Try: Chem, Art, Psychology, History and General Studies! (i must be insane)... and needless to say Art's my best subject...lol
Reply 15
I did Chemistry History and English for my A Levels. Chemistry is pretty tough.
Reply 16
Am i the only one who thinks that chem isnt that hard, i love it, maths is hard but if you practice its not.
cobra01977
Am i the only one who thinks that chem isnt that hard, i love it, maths is hard but if you practice its not.

Nope. I agree entirely.
Reply 18
cobra01977

Chemistry isn't that complicated, it's just that there is so much of it, so it just requires you to memorise huge amounts of info which I find fairly difficult. I find maths easier simply because it is more like learning a method to do something and so is applicable to a far wider range of questions than the indivdual bits of chemistry you learn.
Chemistry is a mickey mouse a-level.

Latest

Trending

Trending