The Student Room Group

Anyone applying to/studying at City College Plymouth?

I've applied to study A-levels at City College Plymouth. I've been in contact with them since last month. The staff seem very friendly and supportive of my decisions. Just wondering if anyone else is applying or studying there?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm in year 12 and I applied, got accepted but in the end I didn't go. Personally, I didn't feel it was really for me. But I have a friend who I've known since I was about 6 who goes there. From what I've heard she loves it there and has made a lot of progress!
I'll be interviewed via phone. What am I likely to be asked?
I go to city college plymouth at the moment and it is literally the most un-organised place I have ever been to, and I've been to three colleges!
Original post by Pabblethefish
I'm in year 12 and I applied, got accepted but in the end I didn't go. Personally, I didn't feel it was really for me. But I have a friend who I've known since I was about 6 who goes there. From what I've heard she loves it there and has made a lot of progress!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! I've been trying to pm you, obviously without success. Can you send me one so I can reply?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by physicsbook
I go to city college plymouth at the moment and it is literally the most un-organised place I have ever been to, and I've been to three colleges!

What are you studying?
Anyone out there taking A-level English at the college? If so, hjow do you feel about the course?
Hi,

I've just received an email from them, saying they won't be able to interview me via phone, as they had planned, because the head of A-levels insists on me attending an interview at the college and taking an admissions test. So they expect me to travel all the way just to have an interview! My problems with this are as follows:
1. I have no idea what the admissions test would involve, not to mention that I might not be able to take it if it doesn't cater for my blindness.
2. Rotary Club has offered to help me with accommodation, provided that I have my place confirmed. (They need a written statement from the college.) so I've gotten into a Catch 22 situation.

Does anyone happen to know what might come up in the test? Or should I just leave them and apply to another college?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
I m joining Plymouth city college this September. Is there any 1 doing the level 3 engineering (NDMD) course this September.

Quick Reply