The Student Room Group

student finance + uni

If I sort out student finance and then decide I don't want to go to uni anymore, what happens about the money?
Reply 1
Original post by Blyts-_
If I sort out student finance and then decide I don't want to go to uni anymore, what happens about the money?

No money is paid to your bank account until something like 2 weeks before you actually need to go there.
Reply 2
Original post by Blyts-_

You have to enrol before your student finance actually kicks in.
if you don't go to enrolment you don't get any money.
Reply 3
Original post by Jkizer
No money is paid to your bank account until something like 2 weeks before you actually need to go there.

actually its not paid until 3-5 days after you arrive
Reply 4
Original post by Blyts-_

you let student finance know that you aren't going that way if/when you do want to go you can just create a new application
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
No need to let them know the money is only sent upon confirmed registration at your university, at my uni you have to go in with ID and sign to register a week before lectures start. I believe it would be a similar process at most universities and so there would be a very slim chance of error.
Reply 6
Original post by Georgie_M
No need to let them know the money is only sent upon confirmed registration at your university, at my uni you have to go in with ID and sign to register a week before lectures start. I believe it would be a similar process at most universities and so there would be a very slim chance of error.

apologies my post was not clear, you are unlikely to be paid the money if you don't go to uni but student finance will still rollover the application- i.e this time next year they would assume that the OP was going into 2nd year even if they were about to start a different course at a different uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending