Can you help me with a chemistry question?

Watch this thread
Student.178
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144862-...igher-tier.pdf
Page 12 I don't get it. I've looked at the mark scheme but still no help. Please help.Thanks.
GS98
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I don't do ocr but from what I've read for first question it's just the Mr of copper(2) divided by the Mr of the whole compound times by 100....so the Mr of copper is (63.5*2) divided by the Mr of the whole compound (63.5*2)+32 and times by 100 this gets you 79.9%..rounded. Is this correct?
Decerto
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JazzyT17)
Page 12 I don't get it. I've looked at the mark scheme but still no help. Please help.Thanks.
(Original post by GS98)
I don't do ocr but from what I've read for first question it's just the Mr of copper(2) divided by the Mr of the whole compound times by 100....so the Mr of copper is (63.5*2) divided by the Mr of the whole compound (63.5*2)+32 and times by 100 this gets you 79.9%..rounded. Is this correct?
Ar of coppper in the molecule divded by Mr of Cu2S and then multiply that by 100.
zhzstudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JazzyT17)
do you have the link ot the mark scheme
because i hav an idea of how to do it, just want to check!thanks
GS98
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It's copper with a little 2 so it wouldn't be the Ar, it would be the Mr?
zhzstudent
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
i guess fro part aii you just multitply the percentage by 1kg, to give 0.798kg of cu ?
zhzstudent
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GS98)
It's copper with a little 2 so it wouldn't be the Ar, it would be the Mr?
ar is 63.5 mr is 127
Student.178
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by zhzstudent)
do you have the link ot the mark scheme
because i hav an idea of how to do it, just want to check!thanks
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142598-...er-january.pdf
GS98
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Well I got the question right....and Ar , mr is also right
zhzstudent
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
yep i was right, you just times the percentage with the 1kg to get0.799 kg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads