The Student Room Group

How many GCSEs are you taking? (2014)

I was just wondering how many GCSE exams people (in yr11 or otherwise) were taking this summer and how much revision they were doing with this in mind.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RayApparently
I was just wondering how many GCSE exams people (in yr11 or otherwise) were taking this summer and how much they revision they were doing with this in mind.

I have 12 exams and plan o revising 1hr per subject:smile:
Original post by German123
I have 12 exams and plan o revising 1hr per subject:smile:

Cool - I have 17 (the next few weeks are going to be stressful lol).
Reply 3
i have 12 GCSEs 24 exams which start in 3 weeks and have still not started revising....im totally gonna fail...
Cool - I have 17 (the next few weeks are going to be stressful lol).

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.:smile:

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.:smile:

Now those are words to live by haha cheers mate :smile:
Original post by #ting
i have 12 GCSEs 24 exams which start in 3 weeks and have still not started revising....im totally gonna fail...

Need some motivation:

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated
Need some motivation:

I think you should have a look at this thread: For all those who think they've left revision too late
Original post by #ting

It's not over till it's over, what kind of subjects are you doing?
Now those are words to live by haha cheers mate :smile:

No prob.:smile:
Reply 9
12 GCSes 27 exams I've started revising but nothing hardcore
8 IGCSEs (School made me drop Additional Math and Music :frown: )
Started revising on my birthday :frown: , doing between 2 and 3 hours per subject, 2 or 3 per day. The rest of the time is spent reading the Literature books or doing other stuff.
This year? 1/2 (short course citizenship) and 1 IGCSE (English Lit) :tongue: I've done next to nothing in terms of revision :tongue:
Original post by AMYC1999
This year? 1/2 (short course citizenship) and 1 IGCSE (English Lit) :tongue: I've done next to nothing in terms of revision :tongue:

Well those subjects don't look to heavy, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by Manexopi
12 GCSes 27 exams I've started revising but nothing hardcore

Cool, good luck for the Summer!
Reply 14
Cool, good luck for the Summer!

Thanks good luck to you too!
I'm in year 10 atm but in year 11 I'm taking one GCSE in November and 12 in May-June so in the summer I'll have 31 exams :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Need some motivation:

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated
Need some motivation:

I think you should have a look at this thread: For all those who think they've left revision too late

thanks :redface: i try but when i finally motivate myself to revise i get distracted and then yeh cba.....i need to be able to actually get myself to just focus and i can never do that :frown:

thanks tho :smile:

It's not over till it's over, what kind of subjects are you doing?

Biology
Chem
Physics
ICT
History
ICT
Maths
English lit
English lang
Additional Maths
French
German

:frown:

toooo many cant wait for a level cuz only have to do 4
i have 10 gcse's in total but the strange thing is my school told me i get more options(4) compared to other schools and yet i see people doing 12/13 gcse's
Original post by the traveller
i have 10 gcse's in total but the strange thing is my school told me i get more options(4) compared to other schools and yet i see people doing 12/13 gcse's

There are some schools that though fewer. I think it's usually 8 - of course these thread might help answer the question!
Original post by tryrevise
I'm in year 10 atm but in year 11 I'm taking one GCSE in November and 12 in May-June so in the summer I'll have 31 exams :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow.

Quick Reply

Latest