The Student Room Group

confused about if ucas will send my results to my uni's on results day

on an email i got from my firm uni they said that they can obtain results from ucas on results day but only the ones listed on the following website:
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/how-your-exam-results-get-your-unis-and-colleges
it says on that, that they will send GCE A and AS results but it doesn't specifiy an exam board, does this mean that ucas will send all my A and AS results to my uni on results day?
Edit: also what about gcse results do they need to be sent at all, if they were already sent on my ucas form?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tgwktm
on an email i got from my firm uni they said that they can obtain results from ucas on results day but only the ones listed on the following website:
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/how-your-exam-results-get-your-unis-and-colleges
it says on that, that they will send GCE A and AS results but it doesn't specifiy an exam board, does this mean that ucas will send all my A and AS results to my uni on results day?
Edit: also what about gcse results do they need to be sent at all, if they were already sent on my ucas form?

I'm not going to uni but I know the answer - I believe you can check your track on UCAS before you go to college/school to collect your results, so you'll know in advance whether you've got the grades you need for your firm, so it'll say whether you've got the place or not. So they get given your grades. I think this is how it works, but often the UCAS website goes into meltdown due to such a high volume of people on it.

This is what I was told at an open day - not sure how correct it is - it's been a long time since I went. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tgwktm
Yes, the university will get all results for A levels, regardless of exam board, the weekend before you get them, so they have had time to process them by results day. They do NOT get GCSE results automatically. You will have to send those yourself if they form part of your offer, and that means that they will not be able to confirm your place until they receive those results a week after A level results come out.
Reply 3
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Yes, the university will get all results for A levels, regardless of exam board, the weekend before you get them, so they have had time to process them by results day. They do NOT get GCSE results automatically. You will have to send those yourself if they form part of your offer, and that means that they will not be able to confirm your place until they receive those results a week after A level results come out.

ok thanks
will the uni let me know if they need any further certificates?
Original post by tgwktm
ok thanks
will the uni let me know if they need any further certificates?

Yes. Sometimes they want them emailing, sometimes they will want them on enrolment and some don't bother at all.
Original post by tgwktm

On top of the info above it is worth pointing out that UCAS will ONLY send through results for exams that you listed as PENDING in your application form.

If you've changed the modules or A levels you're taking in the next few months then you need to contact UCAS ASAP to let them know (so that can match your exam results up with your application).

This is especially true if you're taking EXTRA exams that you didn't list on your application initially because the extra results simply wont be matched to your application.

If you've dropped exams it's also important because if UCAS can't find all the results you said would arrive then they mark your results as "incomplete" which sometimes leads to delays in your unis making a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest