AS OCR - From Autocracy To Communism Watch

Jacketh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone else sitting this in a few weeks time? Really bricking it.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jacketh)
What about it is worrying you...?
Lucinda H
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jacketh)
yep, i'm bricking it too!!!

i'm resitting and trying to remember all of the info from last year is like hitting my head against a brick wall! :/
hdaindak
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
does anyone know exam structure I'm doing AS and A2 and getting sososo mixed up
Lucinda H
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
which exams are you doing?

are you doing Kaiser to Fuhrer?
totoro1997
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What questions do you think will pop up?
Chives90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
with 3 questions and two to choose from they usually they have one question on the beginning of the period ie Tsar and his downfall, one in the middle ie revolution, civil war and early soviet government and one at the end, ie stalin, his purges, collectivisation and five year plans.

just going to the exam with the knowledge that Stalin was driven by murderous paranoia and it will make sense why he killed off so many important people, If I had made that many enemies by stabbing them in the back I would probably be afraid they were plotting to kill me as well.
totoro1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chives90)
with 3 questions and two to choose from they usually they have one question on the beginning of the period ie Tsar and his downfall, one in the middle ie revolution, civil war and early soviet government and one at the end, ie stalin, his purges, collectivisation and five year plans.

just going to the exam with the knowledge that Stalin was driven by murderous paranoia and it will make sense why he killed off so many important people, If I had made that many enemies by stabbing them in the back I would probably be afraid they were plotting to kill me as well.
Thank you! Do you think the questions would be similar to the ones in the specification.
Thereidy26
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can anyone help me with ' the power struggle ? I don't understand the reasons why Stalin was able to take power. :/
Chives90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by totoro1997)
Thank you! Do you think the questions would be similar to the ones in the specification.
The three guys the questions will revolve around are Tsar Nicholas II, Lenin and Stalin, all other people involved in the question will span off from these main characters that dominated the era

E.g How far was Trotsky responsible for the Bolshevik win of the civil war, already links back to Lenin the main man of the time
ImSuLLy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Thereidy26)
Can anyone help me with ' the power struggle ? I don't understand the reasons why Stalin was able to take power. :/
He was able to use his position in the politburo to manipulate he opposition, events occurred that aided him also for example Trotsky not being at Lenin's funeral, he was able to lurk in the background as an administrator. An match everybody against eachother until he was the only option........ Hope this helped
Chives90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Stalin's rise to power to all depended on majority support in politburo, he already had some support as people were grateful for him assigning certain jobs to them with him being general secretary, all of the other main leaders zinoviev, and kamanev seemed to threaten stability of the government,making Stalin seem like the greatest leader for not rocking the boat.

His alliances that he dominated also swung other people from to and from popular support as his cult of personality made every one idol him
totoro1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone! How do you think you did in the exam? I thought it went alright, I'm so glad stalin's economic policies popped up!
abridged
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought the first two questions were nice, but I couldn't remember anything for the Lenin one so I had to skip that one unfortunately. The last one about Stalin was a nice topic but really vaguely worded because it didn't really specify what to assess about the impacts of his policies, so I think I rambled a bit and my argument's probably not the clearest, but it wasn't a total disaster so I honestly don't know what to think!
Chives90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did questions 13 and 14, the reused that same Stalin question, for 15,OCR must be getting lazy.13 and 14 was all about the middle of the period, revolution and civil war, I best could analyze them 2
Lucinda H
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Was getting so confused reading all your posts and now just realised why, you are all doing OCR and I did Edexcel....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby