The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Carl
Are you in Wrexham? poor you...

No, and btw Wrexham is about 15 miles form the border! and I'm rather insulted at that insinuation:p: I'm from a small place about 5 miles outside of chester
Phonicsdude
Congestion charge doesnt affect how well developed the transport system is.

I didn't say the congestion charge affects how developed it is, I said the extent to which it is 'developed' affects whether or not there is a congestion charge. Are you telling me the congestion charge is in no way related to how 'developed' a transport system is?
Try telling that to 'Red Ken'.

The bendy buses suck.

Yes, they do. Thank you London.

By crammed you mean well-used?

No, I mean it is over-used! The operators can't handle the passenger traffic. Sometimes on the tube you'll find yourself tightly packed in, trying desperately not to get your head trapped in the door.
What London needs now is more over-ground transport, perhaps a tram network or monorail over the roads... Theres only so many people you can cram into tubes under the ground.
Reply 242
WorkHouse
No, and btw Wrexham is about 15 miles form the border! and I'm rather insulted at that insinuation:p: I'm from a small place about 5 miles outside of chester

No it's not, it's four miles from the closest part of the border (Marchwiel), and only 12 miles from Chester, which is well into England. I'd hazard a guess that you are in Flintshire then, around Penyffordd or Hawarden.
Bovvered By This Thread
Carl
No it's not, it's four miles from the closest part of the border (Marchwiel), and only 12 miles from Chester, which is well into England. I'd hazard a guess that you are in Flintshire then, around Penyffordd or Hawarden.

Fair play.... No i'm not form Harwarden, guess again. So are you from around here then?
Manchester...pah...britains third city.

BIRMINGHAM all the way
Reply 247
WorkHouse
Fair play.... No i'm not form Harwarden, guess again. So are you from around here then?

I'm from Wrexscum but I escaped. I'm in uni in Cardiff and Bordeaux, and plan to never ever go back to Wrexham for more than a few days at a time.
Reply 248
he-man
. Manchester's to disorientating, there's no distinguishing land marks )

Duh! Beetham Tower. You can tell where you are anywhere in Manc by looking at it. Well you might not want to look at it but no need to get disoriented.

Latest