The Student Room Group

it's my 18th birthday and I have no friends to spend it with

I have people I talk in school but never really hang out with them. so I don't know who to hang out with. I know people from different groups so this suck... should I just go shopping after school and do what I like ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thekidishere
I have people I talk in school but never really hang out with them. so I don't know who to hang out with. I know people from different groups so this suck... should I just go shopping after school and do what I like ?

<3 By all means, do what you want really. Do you have anyone at home you're close with that you can spend it with?

I felt that way on my 18th, it wasn't fun. I also funnily enough didn't go to anybody's 18th party at school, when it seemed like everyone else was going to 18ths, I was a bit of a loner really. But then when I went to university I eventually ran into some people who meant a lot to me and on my 19th I had an awesome little party with those I cared about. Come the next year for my 20th I had an awesome do once again because I'd been on this course from one of my hobbies and found loads of people I could relate to so we all went to a pub and I was surrounded by awesome peeps. So don't let the loneliness of school get to you because I'm telling ya now, some people just don't fit in at school, but that's because the people aren't for them (and just generally aren't very cool :P). As you get older you'll find people that share your interests if you make an effort to put yourself out there and do whatever it is that interests you. It may not be that you're like everyone else but that's never a bad thing, it's what makes you unique and to be honest it's true - 'trying to be someone else is a waste of person you are.' I'm speaking honestly here.

Happy 18th birthday lovely!
Reply 2
Original post by Temporality
<3 By all means, do what you want really. Do you have anyone at home you're close with that you can spend it with?

I felt that way on my 18th, it wasn't fun. I also funnily enough didn't go to anybody's 18th party at school, when it seemed like everyone else was going to 18ths, I was a bit of a loner really. But then when I went to university I eventually ran into some people who meant a lot to me and on my 19th I had an awesome little party with those I cared about. Come the next year for my 20th I had an awesome do once again because I'd been on this course from one of my hobbies and found loads of people I could relate to so we all went to a pub and I was surrounded by awesome peeps. So don't let the loneliness of school get to you because I'm telling ya now, some people just don't fit in at school, but that's because the people aren't for them (and just generally aren't very cool :P). As you get older you'll find people that share your interests if you make an effort to put yourself out there and do whatever it is that interests you. It may not be that you're like everyone else but that's never a bad thing, it's what makes you unique and to be honest it's true - 'trying to be someone else is a waste of person you are.' I'm speaking honestly here.

Happy 18th birthday lovely!

I guess I can spend it with my parents? and thank you so much
Reply 3
You don't have to spend it with anybody if you don't want to. Don't feel obligated to do anything for your birthday just because everybody else is. I didn't do anything for my 18th. I went to work as normal and it was a pretty normal day. If you don't build it up there's nothing to be disappointed about.
Buy a **** ton of food, get into your PJs and watch an entire season of your favourite show. Wish I'd done that for my 18th, mine was ****.
Reply 5
I had a family party for my 18th. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Original post by cole-slaw
I had a family party for my 18th. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Me too. Was brilliant.
Happy Birthday OP!!

Don't worry about the people at school. Can you celebrate with family instead? I'm pretty sure your family appreciate birthdays more than friends. Friends just see it as an excuse to party!

If celebrating with family is not an option, there's nothing wrong with going shopping after school and treating yourself on your big day! :smile:
I was in the same position when I was 18. Just spend it by yourself and do what YOU want to do :smile:
Reply 9
thank you this is very good help I feel more relief because most people in my school go on party bus and I didn't want to have a party because only my family would be there and they would wonder where are my friends
Ahh I feel for you man , treat yourself.

If spending time with your family is your thing then do it , mine drive me a bit mad though lol.

I'd go gym , then cinema for a really good film or something - all alone .
Reply 11
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Ahh I feel for you man , treat yourself.

If spending time with your family is your thing then do it , mine drive me a bit mad though lol.

I'd go gym , then cinema for a really good film or something - all alone .

I've always wanted to go to the movies but didn't because I have no one to go with. I hate most people I have class with because most of them drink and smoke. I was always too scared to go to the movies by myself.
I've always wanted to go to the movies but didn't because I have no one to go with. I hate most people I have class with because most of them drink and smoke. I was always too scared to go to the movies by myself.

I went alone for the first time a week after I turned 18 , its awesome trust me .

Go to a late viewing , maybe ur second nearest cinema .

Just exhume confidence and everyone will be jel , I guarantee
Reply 13
is it weird that my cousins are coming over for cake won't they wonder where are my friends
Reply 14
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I went alone for the first time a week after I turned 18 , its awesome trust me .

Go to a late viewing , maybe ur second nearest cinema .

Just exhume confidence and everyone will be jel , I guarantee

I deffinally have to do that
Happy 18th Birthday!
And you don't need friends to spend it with, having close family members is even better :smile:
And of course do what you like, it's your birthday!
Reply 16
is it weird that my cousins are coming over for cake won't they wonder where are my friends

no - its a family party after all! family are friends too, you realise this as you get older
Reply 17

Pretty much the exact same thing here OP, my friends are just ones I talk to in school, but outside for stuff like this I'm always alone. So you're not alone, do what you want :smile:
Atleast your birthday isnt on the the day of the C3 maths exam, but its calm coz ill merk it inni

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Manmurder-
Atleast your birthday isnt on the the day of the C3 maths exam, but its calm coz ill merk it inni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dito, 16th June?

We'll merk it :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending