Help for interviews

Watch
esjae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys, I will be interviewing some bands soon for my blog (which is posted in my sig if you'd like to have a look)

However I've come up with a list of questions, but I don't know what other ones to ask?

Here's the list of the ones I've got so far

Spoiler:
Show

• What do you like to do in your SPARE time?
  • What's the most bizarre thing to happen while you were onstage?
  • Who was your biggest inspiration?
  • What's the hardest thing about being in a band?
  • Do you enjoy being a celebrity?
  • What bands and life experiences have influenced your songs the most?
  • Are there any special traditions you and your band have when preparing for a show or writing a song?

• Favourite song to play live? Why?
  • Ever called out a wrong country/states name at a concert?
  • Since everyone was a start up once, can you give any smaller or local bands looking to get
  • gigs and airplay some tips?
  • How do you feel covering other bands songs?
  • What is your response to getting hate?
  • Ever read fan-fiction about yourself?
  • Do you ever get nervous before playing a show?
  • What was the biggest stage you’ve ever played?
  • When and why did you start playing?
  • Which famous musicians do you admire? Why?
  • How do you handle mistakes during a performance?
  • What inspired you to go into the genre that you are?
  • How does it feel when fans come up to you and tell you that you’ve saved their lives/had a big impact on their lives?

ryan9900
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've watched a lot of interviews on YouTube and things like that where the interviewers don't have a clue what to ask. All of those questions are good and would make for an interesting interview. It's always good to not just focus on one thing, for example, just their music.

You have a really good mix of quick, simple questions which require a quick answer, and longer, more in-depth questions. This is really good because it adds variety, and doesn't get boring too soon.

I would say you have a really good interview set up there, and any more questions is likely to be too many if I'm honest. I've watched and also read some interviews where too many questions bored me half way through even though the person they were interviewing really interested me. Keep it simple, and effective.

Good luck
esjae
Rep:
?
Thank you!
I scored three interviews, so I'm trying to find a nice mix so that there aren't the same questions in all three of the interviews so that it doesn't get repetitive, if you know what I mean?
Thank you btw
ryan9900
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by esjae)
Thank you!
I scored three interviews, so I'm trying to find a nice mix so that there aren't the same questions in all three of the interviews so that it doesn't get repetitive, if you know what I mean?
Thank you btw
Yeah that sounds like a great idea Just mix it up and add some variety.

You'll often find that depending on who you're interviewing, you will even find asking the same questions will have variety purely because people will answer the same question differently. But yeah it sounds like you've got it sorted anyway!
esjae
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryan9900)
Yeah that sounds like a great idea Just mix it up and add some variety.

You'll often find that depending on who you're interviewing, you will even find asking the same questions will have variety purely because people will answer the same question differently. But yeah it sounds like you've got it sorted anyway!
Yeah, I just still can't quite get over it, it's something I've been wanting to do for a while now and now it's actually happening
ryan9900
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by esjae)
Yeah, I just still can't quite get over it, it's something I've been wanting to do for a while now and now it's actually happening
Brilliant. Well done
esjae
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryan9900)
Brilliant. Well done
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.73%

Watched Threads