Confusion on heresy in the 16th century?

Watch
stephlouisee15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm revising the crime of heresy in the 16th century and basically just confused myself. If someone could clear up a couple of questions for me I'd be really grateful
First off, is the protestant faith and the COE faith a different thing? This sound really stupid haha...I know Henry VIII created the COE faith and that the protestant faith was created around the time of Henry VIII. In my revision books it doesn't meantion the COE faith at all. It also says that Henry VIII was Roman Catholic? Which really confused me haha.
Could anyone do a quick run through of the whole thing please?
Thank you! (sorry if i sound stupid haha)
AndrewGrace
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Protestantism originated in the early 16th century in Germany, supposedly when Martin Luther published the 'Ninety-Five theses'

Henry VIII was originally a Roman-Catholic, only establishing the CofE after his divorce from Catherine of Aragon was denied by the Catholic Church. Even after the establishment of the CofE under Henry VIII the bible (and services i believe) were still taken in Latin (a catholic ideal) and so he doesn't completely break from Catholic ideal but has established an 'Anglican' Church

CofE faith is essentially a denomination of Protestantism, so shares some of its ideals but doesn't follow them to the letter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (511)
51.15%
No (488)
48.85%

Watched Threads