This discussion is closed.
_ELiTeCaRR_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
got my 5th one on thursday! so far this has been one of the most challenging events in my life =/ - it's been a little toughy.....

i have been through many interviews, exams before and have an apt for them

the worst bit is waiting at the test centre for your test to commence, and hearing that you've failed..

guys im seriously considering consulting the examiner and telling him/her of my nervs and to pray to him/her not be so harsh because it's becoming a JOKE now, people are failing left right and centre and it's not FAIR

i tried thinking about all the people that are dieing in the world but it doesn't seem to work especially as you encroach the last 10 minutes of the lesson before the test.....
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
5th time lucky perhaps.

Anyways, goodnight.

BTW: There's a difference between passing a test and being able to drive.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _ELiTeCaRR_)
got my 5th one on thursday! so far this has been one of the most challenging events in my life =/ - it's been a little toughy.....

the worst bit is waiting at the test centre for your test to commence, and hearing that you've failed..

guys im seriously considering consulting the examiner and telling him/her of my nervs and to pray to him/her not be so harsh because it's becoming a JOKE now, people are failing left right and centre and it's not FAIR

i tried thinking about all the people that are dieing in the world but it doesn't seem to work especially as you encroach the last 10 minutes of the lesson before the test.....
no no no! the WORST feeling is waiting at the test centre for your test to commence and hearing that the examiner wont take your test because of something that wasnt even your fault. :mad: :mad: :mad:

now instead of know how i wouldve done, i have to wait another few months before i can take (another) one.

but about you; why did you fail the 4 times? im not sure that you should be blaming the examiner; the exams HAVE to be hard to make sure no random fool can get on the road legally. pretty much all the rules have a point.

so why did you fail?
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
just treat it ike a normal lesson, if your instructor is good then he/she will have got u used to the sort of things the examiners say in terms of directions etc etc. it took me 10 months to learn, having 2 hour lessons at that too- but i passed 2nd time with only 3 minors, somehow. the first test was abominable, and after it i wasn't sure if i was ever going to learn how to drive well. now ive been out on the road on my own a lot though, i realise theres a reason they make u get up to a certain standard- even though i follow the rules not everyone else does. maybe u need to change instructor?
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
beeing nervous is almost a part of it, many people are. anyway tell yourself that you can drive, to build up confidence and also don't think at it as passing and making the instructor satisfied but that you are doing it for yourself.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
beeing nervous is almost a part of it, many people are. anyway tell yourself that you can drive, to build up confidence and also don't think at it as passing and making the instructor satisfied but that you are doing it for yourself.
i'd been driving to college for months before so i was kinda used to driving and i passed first time . i had 6 lessons in 2 weeks just to make sure i knew all the little crappy rules..
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
i'd been driving to college for months before so i was kinda used to driving and i passed first time . i had 6 lessons in 2 weeks just to make sure i knew all the little crappy rules..
:rolleyes:
i think its people like you who push up the insurance premiums for young folk..

they're mostly not stupid rules made up just to piss us off...
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
i had 6 lessons in 2 weeks just to make sure i knew all the little crappy rules..
sounds familiar, three days before my test i had a lesson every day

as for the rules they are not all crappy,i mean when you have learned them you do them without thinking.
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Talk to the examiner during the test, and everything's much more comfortable. When I got the same examiner 2nd time round, I thought arghhhh, but he was a really nice guy in the end. Can't remember what we talked about though, maybe the weather?
_ELiTeCaRR_
Rep:
?
i have already changed instructors and the one i'm having now is a lot better

i went to the test centre ready to do the test and the examiner wouldn't allow it because of some ****ty bulb that had gone out in the front head light
- it made me feel good in a way

when you're driving it's not too bad ( after first 3 mins or so )

how can you talk to the examiner? they'll probably think he's just another suckup wanting to be passed..........
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how can you talk to the examiner? they'll probably think he's just another suckup wanting to be passed..........
when i took my test it was the examiner that started talking to me, about school and what subject i read. anyway just talk about the weather, i don't think he/she thinks that you are a suck up. they can't fail you for something you said it is your driving they are supposed to look at.
_ELiTeCaRR_
Rep:
?
(Original post by _EMMA_)
when i took my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=test&v=55">test</a> it was the examiner that started talking to me, about <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=school&v=55">school </a> and what subject i read. anyway just talk about the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=weather&v=55">weath er</a>, i don't think he/she thinks that you are a suck up. they can't fail you for something you said it is your driving they are supposed to look at.
true but i don't want them to get the wrong impression or anything.....
let's talk about the birds and the bees.......
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't get worked up about it, try not to think about it so much so that it becomes a worry and by the time you are doing the test you're a nervous wreck. Do something to take your mind off of it, go for a long run. Drive around with one of your parents and ask them for guidance so that you'll feel confident and tell yourself that you can pass.
_ELiTeCaRR_
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
Don't get worked up about it, try not to think about it so much so that it becomes a worry and by the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a> you are doing the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=test&v=55">test</a> you're a nervous wreck. Do something to take your mind of it, go for a long run. Drive around with one of your parents and ask them for guidance so that you'll feel confident and tell yourself that you can pass.
i'm not worrying about it, it is just the odd time it is on my mind.....
not like i need a car or anything, just doing it to get it out the way with!

i love you guyz
Zarjazz
Report 15 years ago
Hang on, people fail driving tests, but that's not fair?

Have you considered that maybe you're failing because you're not very good? Driving's not a right...
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i've got my driving test tomorrow morning. I'm just going to take the attitude that if i fail, i've failed and there's nothing i could have done about it. Hopefully i won't get too nervous.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
i've got my driving test tomorrow morning. I'm just going to take the attitude that if i fail, i've failed and there's nothing i could have done about it. Hopefully i won't get too nervous.
uh *******s! dont think like that!

think 'hey! im good enough to have my l-plates removed! and tomorrow, im going to SHOW that examiner how good i am'

then do what tednol suggested; VISUALISE all the good stuff youre going to do (eg go thru the manouvers in your head).

remember these wise words, and good luck my friend!
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
think 'hey! im good enough to have my l-plates removed! and tomorrow, im going to SHOW that examiner how good i am'
even though this is a good way of thinking i have to say that i stick to what i've mentioned before. you should do it for yourself offcourse you can combine them, but it shouldn't be that whenever you do something you think what did he/she think about that, will he/she think i did wrong now then you don't conentrate on the driving.

when i read your post again i don't know if i have misunderstood you, but if you are confident that you can drive you just do it, and it will be ok.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Good luck DazYa !!!!Hope you pass it.....
You'll do well...
boodashank
Report 15 years ago
hi guys!im new to the board, but i stumbled across it when i was searching for info about driving tests. i failed my test twice. The first time was completely my own fault, i missed a stop sign, tried to pull away in third, and pulled out in front of a taxi. but on my second test, i failed on a tiny roundabout right outside the test centre, because some eejit pulled right out in front of me, so the examiner decided to brake for me, even though i had already braked myself. i was quite prepared to accept that, until after mty test, he admitted to my instructor that i braked first, but since he had felt the need to do it, i had to fail! how did he know two minutes into my test whether of not i was good enough!? im just hopin for better luck next time!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (153)
46.93%
No (42)
12.88%
I'm not old enough (131)
40.18%

Watched Threads