The Student Room Group

Exams and Relationships

So me and my boyfriend recently broke up due to us both getting stressed about exams and not being able to see each other. I'm upset and annoyed because I feel like every couple goes through this and if you care enough about someone you should stick with them through the hard times? what do you guys think about how to handle relationships during exams because i really want him back and don't know how to go about it?
Exams do terrible things to people. Ask him if he'd consider getting back together after exams and talking out a way to deal with it in future, even if that means accepting that one or both of you is going to be in a pit-of-revision-misery-and-self-imposed-hermithood.
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my boyfriend recently broke up due to us both getting stressed about exams and not being able to see each other. I'm upset and annoyed because I feel like every couple goes through this and if you care enough about someone you should stick with them through the hard times? what do you guys think about how to handle relationships during exams because i really want him back and don't know how to go about it?

Buy him something nice, that he would appreciate, that is also romantic. Make a gesture :smile: Let that person know what they're missing, in some way.
wow breaking up was a bit drastic couldnt you just not see each other as often so you could both revise. also evryone takes breaks so you still couldve found ways to spend time with each other. probably leave it until exams are over or talk to him now if it bothers u so much
I feel like I could've broken up with my BF recently because of exams. We were so stressed and hassled and kept arguing despite the fact we love each other. We sat down and had a proper talk, we both wanted it to work even though dropping out felt easier at the time but I made a list of all the things I loved and all the reasons to break up... I realised it was all completely bonkers and we have agreed on ways to avoid that kind of upset again.
Now we have set days to meet up and have agreed to just say if we don't feel we can be relaxed and not meet that day. We don't plan revision on meet up days and we try and plan activities so we value the time together.

Perhaps you should sit down and talk to him, it will require commitment and effort but that proves it it worth it. You could suggest some of the above^^ to avoid the intrusion of work

Quick Reply

Latest