youmeatsox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Probably about a million of these are posted a day but I'm too lazy to find the answers myself, oops. I'm doing A-Level Lit next year (I don't know which syllabus) and I'd like some recommendations. It doesn't need to be preparatory reading or anything, but I would like a good mix of classics and modern; this includes graphic novels as I work in a comic shop anyway. No John Green, Nick and Norah or Harry Potter type **** though (no offence). Can anybody help?
Tom_green_day
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wait, someone on the 'Books, literature and comics' section who isn't looking for female teen fiction? :O
OT: for books at A2 I'm looking at Frankenstein, Great Gatsby, The Collector and The Road.
for plays I'm looking at All My Sons, Antony and Cleopatra and Streetcar Named Desire
youmeatsox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Tom_green_day)
Wait, someone on the 'Books, literature and comics' section who isn't looking for female teen fiction? :O
OT: for books at A2 I'm looking at Frankenstein, Great Gatsby, The Collector and The Road.
for plays I'm looking at All My Sons, Antony and Cleopatra and Streetcar Named Desire
Dont get me wrong, romance is good, just not the type thats full of "quirky" girls and "awkward" guys. As for Harry Potter, its just abismal, there is no getting round that!
I love The Road, Im not so keen on Gatsby but I'll read them both again, along with the rest, over Summer.
Thank you so much for replying 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (154)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (461)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (350)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (436)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (148)
4.73%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (188)
6%
Loneliness (270)
8.62%
Financial worries (113)
3.61%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (126)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (142)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (171)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (278)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (295)
9.42%

Watched Threads