This discussion is closed.
Farrdango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Anyone knows of U.S. Navy activation...how to get into...join...how to join and what they need...qualifications. Also would like information on U.K. Ireland and possibly Italy. Maybe even Australia. Thank You.

Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, but I should imagine if they're similar to the Royal Navy then you'll need either a handful of A levels or a degree.

However, I'm curious as to why you'd want to join the US, UK, Irish, Italian and Australian navies? How many passports do you hold? How many countries are you willing to die for?
Farrdango
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wzz)
No, but I should imagine if they're similar to the Royal Navy then you'll need either a handful of A levels or a degree.

However, I'm curious as to why you'd want to join the US, UK, Irish, Italian and Australian navies? How many passports do you hold? How many countries are you willing to die for?
U.K. Navy...Royal Navy....British Navy...

Anyways, I ask about these particular countries mainly because of relatives who I know that are searching for naval qualifications which are in different countries. They are in different countries...these countries. Plus, I plan on moving to one of these countries to live in, but I do not know which one. I am a sailor, who wants to fight.

thank you for answering
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I refer you to one of my previous comments; what passport do you hold?

Few Navies will recruit you as someone who wants to fight; in such an environment they're looking for people who want to serve.
Farrdango
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wzz)
I refer you to one of my previous comments; what passport do you hold?

Few Navies will recruit you as someone who wants to fight; in such an environment they're looking for people who want to serve.
I know that! I want to serve! I was just thinking about fighting that day.

What passport though. Ha! can't tell you that one mate.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can a person even hold five passports?? i've only ever heard of a person holding three.. his father was American, mother was Australian, and both were permanent residents in the UK when he was born, so he also got UK citizenship as well as Oz and US
Farrdango
Rep:
?
(Original post by koldtoast)
Can a person even hold five passports?? i've only ever heard of a person holding three.. his father was American, mother was Australian, and both were permanent residents in the UK when he was born, so he also got UK citizenship as well as Oz and US
Holding more than 3 passports is possible, but who said anything about holding 5? Im not holding five passports. I heard of people having more than 1, more than 3 passports. Thats one crazy goal for me though.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think that to join the U.S. navy then you just have to have a high school diploma and of course be a citizen or be on that road.
Farrdango
Rep:
?
oh...great...

thanks for telling.
Memento
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Farrdango)
I know that! I want to serve! I was just thinking about fighting that day.

What passport though. Ha! can't tell you that one mate.
lol - this gave me a good laugh, crazy stuff
Farrdango
Rep:
?
(Original post by Memento)
lol - this gave me a good laugh, crazy stuff
:cool: Im glad to put a smile on your face.

Too bad though...I think this forum is bout to close...probably should better my question.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone knows of U.S. Navy activation...how to get into...join...how to join and what they need...qualifications. Also would like information on U.K. Ireland and possibly Italy. Maybe even Australia. Thank You.

Someone said it. I am almost positive you only need good passes in 3unit maths, physics and chemistry and good physical fitness and you're in.
Farrdango
Rep:
?
thankyou for the reply
CamSPSer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

it depends if you want to go in as an officer or a rating. ratings can pretty much get in for certain jobs if they can read thier own name. i believe that its pretty much mandatory 2 get a degree 2 join the uk navy, though it depends on the role. like if u want 2 b an engineer i believe u need an engineering degree, if u want to be a warfares officer u dont need a specific degree

however for most navies you need to have been a citizen of that country from birth, lived there for 5 years n a number of other things. they also do psychological assessments, and those who "want to fight" dont really get in. they're not looking for little rambos. i was speaking to an army careers officer who says he tends to get 2 groups of people
group 1) losers who are physically inactive, dont play sport, get bullied, but have a fascination with military films, love buying uniform from army and navy stores, can tell u the exact specifications of every weapon that they have, wish that we would go to war more often etc etc
group 2) the group who join up because they love sport, love camping, dont mind the idea of going to war but dont really want 2 go kill people, bascailly joineed up because they dont want 2 work behind a desk

obvioulsy there are other groups but if u dont fit in2 the second group then i wouldnt recommend signing up, u wont get in
Farrdango
Rep:
?
(Original post by notyourpunk)
it depends if you want to go in as an officer or a rating. ratings can pretty much get in for certain jobs if they can read thier own name. i believe that its pretty much mandatory 2 get a degree 2 join the uk navy, though it depends on the role. like if u want 2 b an engineer i believe u need an engineering degree, if u want to be a warfares officer u dont need a specific degree

however for most navies you need to have been a citizen of that country from birth, lived there for 5 years n a number of other things. they also do psychological assessments, and those who "want to fight" dont really get in. they're not looking for little rambos. i was speaking to an army careers officer who says he tends to get 2 groups of people
group 1) losers who are physically inactive, dont play sport, get bullied, but have a fascination with military films, love buying uniform from army and navy stores, can tell u the exact specifications of every weapon that they have, wish that we would go to war more often etc etc
group 2) the group who join up because they love sport, love camping, dont mind the idea of going to war but dont really want 2 go kill people, bascailly joineed up because they dont want 2 work behind a desk

obvioulsy there are other groups but if u dont fit in2 the second group then i wouldnt recommend signing up, u wont get in

Thanks a million...This has helped me decide a good percentage of my decision.
I am niether 1 or 2 really, I just love it.

Thanks again.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.82%
Labour (539)
51.48%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.47%
Green Party (58)
5.54%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)