My new boyfriend is slightly too tall for me. Watch

iamintorture
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
He is 4 inches taller and sometimes kissing is a bit awkward.
Should I buy a yellow pages?
No but apart from dump him seriously what shall I do?
TheLostHope
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Enjoy the fact that you have a boyfriend.
Meyrin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wear stilts.
esjae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Suck it up buttercup.

Life isn't always easy.
So get over it. If you really liked him enough to get into a relationship with him in the first place. This should not be an issue.
melhoneybee17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
having a boyfriend should be about being with someone who makes you happy and who you have fun with, his height shouldnt matter, if its a bit awkward to kiss just have a laugh about it and move on, theres loads of people who'd kill to have a bf who cares about them, focus on personality over looks and you'll have a lasting relationship
JamesM96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
4 inches? lmao.

4 inches is nothing, I knew a guy who was 6'4'' and he had a 5'1'' girlfriend, now that is a real problem.
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol at the girls above.

If he was shorter than she is they would happily tell her to find someone else
Preeka
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
4 inches really isn't that much so I'm confused :s. My bf is 6 ft 1 and I'm 5'4 and its never been an issue. Maybe just sit and kiss lol
Kaeseia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're only just noticing after entering a relationship with him? :confused:

It's usually one of the first things I notice about a person.
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
4 inches? I've kissed a guy who's about 10 inches taller than me, I really don't see how it's that much of a problem :confused:
Most people would probably just look past something like this (yes, I get that people have preferences in terms of height, I mean at this stage), you obviously like him a lot - he's your boyfriend after all.
awe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
Lol at the girls above.

If he was shorter than she is they would happily tell her to find someone else
Why do you go around making these frankly ridiculous assumptions on what you think women 'are'? I keep seeing you commenting 'if this was this way women would freak lol double standards' and similar - when in fact, no, I don't think I could agree to the core of what you have claimed all women 'would' do. You're so busy thinking that is what this vicious gender must do that you're missing the whole point - the majority really wouldn't. You obviously don't know very many women at all. Why don't you base on what you see rather than predicting daft things... why not give 50% of the population more of a chance than this? I genuinely feel sorry for you needing to generalise and presume these things all of the time in such a hateful way. :s Can't be fun? Feel free to ignore.

To the OP - if you're finding his height unattractive, that's a different issue. If the problem is simply you have to reach to kiss him, it'll be something you get used to, and something that can be fixed with a little bit of thought to what types of shoes you're both wearing. It's not really a huge deal. P:
ryan9900
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
4 inches? That's nothing. I should know.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
4 inches, seriously? That's like ... nothing. Nothing at all.

And anyway, if you like a guy, why on earth does his height matter?
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by awe)
Why do you go around making these frankly ridiculous assumptions on what you think women 'are'? I keep seeing you commenting 'if this was this way women would freak lol double standards' and similar - when in fact, no, I don't think I could agree to the core of what you have claimed all women 'would' do. You're so busy thinking that is what this vicious gender must do that you're missing the whole point - the majority really wouldn't. You obviously don't know very many women at all. Why don't you base on what you see rather than predicting daft things... why not give 50% of the population more of a chance than this? I genuinely feel sorry for you needing to generalise and presume these things all of the time in such a hateful way. :s Can't be fun? Feel free to ignore.

To the OP - if you're finding his height unattractive, that's a different issue. If the problem is simply you have to reach to kiss him, it'll be something you get used to, and something that can be fixed with a little bit of thought to what types of shoes you're both wearing. It's not really a huge deal. P:
Damn lol that block of text was like an attack

I'm sorry if I've come off this way and had no idea I was that bad hahaha , definitely not the only one though.

I didn't generalize half the population , I was simply addressing the point that a lot of girls (heck most i'd say ) place importance on a guy being taller than them , so I see no reason why they should go on like height isn't important.

Thats the thing though , I do base it on what I see . Obviously not going to be the case with every female but im generalizing based upon what i've seen . I admit this is quite foolish . but please don't be offended it was merely jest.

I don't hate anyone :rolleyes: your over reacting , just because I claim sometimes there's a difference between what girls say and think , it doesn't make me a misogynist. For the record this isn't exclusive to women , men also do it.
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure he'd be happy to know that you want to break up with him because of something this menial. Shows how much you care
awe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Damn lol that block of text was like an attack
I'm sorry if I've come off this way and had no idea I was that bad hahaha , definitely not the only one though.
I didn't generalize half the population , I was simply addressing the point that a lot of girls (heck most i'd say ) place importance on a guy being taller than them , so I see no reason why they should go on like height isn't important.
Thats the thing though , I do base it on what I see . Obviously not going to be the case with every female but im generalizing based upon what i've seen . I admit this is quite foolish . but please don't be offended it was merely jest.
I don't hate anyone :rolleyes: your over reacting , just because I claim sometimes there's a difference between what girls say and think , it doesn't make me a misogynist.
Apologies, it probably was a little harsh. But I really have seen a few of these comments from you and they are just a bit insane, they instantly just make you seem very anti-women! If there's really such a difference between what you're saying and what you mean, you need to look at how you're phrasing these nagging comments. It's just sad to read.

You're misunderstanding, though - this isn't really about height in terms of attractiveness, it's just a practical issue about kissing. Honestly, if it were about simply being attracted to him and everyone responded with 'get over it he's tall it's perfect' or something - yes, then I would see some cause for frowning at that. But even then, many, many women will respond with 'get over it' to a case with a shorter man. I wouldn't in either situation; not being attracted to someone is just fair enough.

I haven't called you a misogynist. (; I was careful not to haha, it's pretty much a death wish to say that on TSR even if it's for Jamie. I appreciate you aren't 100% the character behind all these comments. But seriously, do consider how they come across next time. It's just saddening. Most women I know won't adhere to all these double standards that you think they would live by. I certainly wouldn't, which is why I 'over' (debatable) react.
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Easy, wear 4 inch heels!

My boyfriend is a whole foot taller than me and it's never been an issue for us so I don't see why 4 inches would be.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by awe)
Apologies, it probably was a little harsh. But I really have seen a few of these comments from you and they are just a bit insane, they instantly just make you seem very anti-women! If there's really such a difference between what you're saying and what you mean, you need to look at how you're phrasing these nagging comments. It's just sad to read.

You're misunderstanding, though - this isn't really about height in terms of attractiveness, it's just a practical issue about kissing. Honestly, if it were about simply being attracted to him and everyone responded with 'get over it he's tall it's perfect' or something - yes, then I would see some cause for frowning at that. But even then, many, many women will respond with 'get over it' to a case with a shorter man. I wouldn't in either situation; not being attracted to someone is just fair enough.

I haven't called you a misogynist. (; I was careful not to haha, it's pretty much a death wish to say that on TSR even if it's for Jamie. I appreciate you aren't 100% the character behind all these comments. But seriously, do consider how they come across next time. It's just saddening. Most women I know won't adhere to all these double standards that you think they would live by. I certainly wouldn't, which is why I 'over' (debatable) react.
Okeydoke , thanks for letting me know . I will try to refrain from coming off as a jerk in the future . Many thanks.

Spoiler:
Show
Women are awesome
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Women are awesome
Stop generalizing! All women are not awesome!
awe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okeydoke , thanks for letting me know . I will try to refrain from coming off as a jerk in the future . Many thanks.

Spoiler:
Show
Women are awesome
Can't tell if sarcasm... just gonna assume not for my own sake haha.

Spoiler:
Show
As are men. :yes:

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Stop generalizing! All women are not awesome!
I've never used this emoticon but here, you earned it. :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads