The Student Room Group

My new boyfriend is slightly too tall for me.

Scroll to see replies

Stand on the stairs to hug/kiss him.
4 inches is hardly a big deal..
Original post by awe

I've never used this emoticon but here, you earned it. :lol:

I am honored. You are one of the awesome ones :wink:
Reply 23
cant he bend diwn a little or wear heels im sure most couples have a 4 or so inch height diference
Original post by capachino
cant he bend diwn a little or wear heels im sure most couples have a 4 or so inch height diference

I think that'd make him taller. And look ridiculous :lol:

sorry, I had to :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamintorture
He is 4 inches taller and sometimes kissing is a bit awkward.
Should I buy a yellow pages?
No but apart from dump him seriously what shall I do?

:lol:

A fair number of posters here would be telling her to leave him if he were 4 inches shorter than her, I guarantee it. :pierre:
I sincerely hope this is a joke. The questions some of you are asking...
I come on here to have a laugh myself, it's all I've ever done. Mostly drunk. Even I am losing faith.
Reply 27
Since when this is a problem?? Try wearing heels while your bf is already 3 inches shorter than you. That is awkward.
Original post by ryan9900
4 inches? That's nothing. I should know.

brilliant
Just enjoy your tall, dark and handsome, please.
Reply 30
Uhm. Ideally, my partner would be at least 6 inches taller than me!
Reply 31
"4 inches taller" is an actual issue for you?Oo
what've you got a dwarf fetish or something?
Reply 32
4 inches? That's nothing!

There is 6 inches between me and my partner and we don't find it an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
What the?!?! I'm 5'1", every man in the universe is at least 6" taller than I am. Can't say I've ever noticed a problem - what are you looking for, someone of the same height?
Reply 34
Original post by awe
Why do you go around making these frankly ridiculous assumptions on what you think women 'are'? I keep seeing you commenting 'if this was this way women would freak lol double standards' and similar - when in fact, no, I don't think I could agree to the core of what you have claimed all women 'would' do. You're so busy thinking that is what this vicious gender must do that you're missing the whole point - the majority really wouldn't. You obviously don't know very many women at all. Why don't you base on what you see rather than predicting daft things... why not give 50% of the population more of a chance than this? I genuinely feel sorry for you needing to generalise and presume these things all of the time in such a hateful way. :s Can't be fun? Feel free to ignore.

To the OP - if you're finding his height unattractive, that's a different issue. If the problem is simply you have to reach to kiss him, it'll be something you get used to, and something that can be fixed with a little bit of thought to what types of shoes you're both wearing. It's not really a huge deal. P:

As much as it is a generalisation, I'm afraid I will do so and say that almost all women (especially ceteris paribus) would not date a guy significantly shorter than them. Sure, some may be OK with a couple inches, and a lot in this thread say the height difference shouldn't matter, but they're cool with it because the guy is taller. If you asked the girls here whether they'd date a guy 4 inches shorter, rather than taller, they'd probably say no. And that's not even going into significant height differences like a foot+.

That said, OP's just talking about practicalities like kissing, rather than attractiveness as you've said. All I'm stating is what I've come to realise through observation and even polls on TSR and obviously what women generically like in a man. One can of course have a preference.
Reply 35
Original post by Danz123
As much as it is a generalisation, I'm afraid I will do so and say that almost all women (especially ceteris paribus) would not date a guy significantly shorter than them. Sure, some may be OK with a couple inches, and a lot in this thread say the height difference shouldn't matter, but they're cool with it because the guy is taller. If you asked the girls here whether they'd date a guy 4 inches shorter, rather than taller, they'd probably say no. And that's not even going into significant height differences like a foot+.

That said, OP's just talking about practicalities like kissing, rather than attractiveness as you've said. All I'm stating is what I've come to realise through observation and even polls on TSR and obviously what women generically like in a man. One can of course have a preference.

Absolutely, I appreciate that - it just wasn't what was being discussed. (:
Reply 36
I'm 5'4, my boyfriend is 6'5. I think 4 inches might be manageable, but as said above, wear heels if you honestly find it an issue.
Reply 37
Original post by awe
Absolutely, I appreciate that - it just wasn't what was being discussed. (:

Would you say so though? Do you think my observation that most women wouldn't date guys a lot shorter too much of a generalisation? Or do you agree? Not to derail the thread. Haha :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Danz123
Would you say so though? Do you think my observation that most women wouldn't date guys a lot shorter too much of a generalisation? Or do you agree? Not to derail the thread. Haha :smile:

No - I agree! I fall into that category, even more specifically as I prefer above all, someone of equal height P:. I see nothing wrong with the core feeling so long as its genuine, for example 'tried and tested' and based on actual physical attraction rather than preemptively 'how we would look on Facebook photos' or something. But of course it's too difficult to look at each case of a 16 year old girl online claiming to only want 6'2ft Prince Charmings and wonder whether they are 'genuine' haha, so as a whole, I don't see anything wrong with it. People shouldn't have to feel bad for being physically attracted to this or that, whether it's a body shape or size or height or whether it's an accent. Of course in an ideal world we wouldn't feel compelled to find the shorter guy or the broader woman less attractive, but, realistically and largely because of stupid necessities for masculinity/femininity and all that it suggests, most will.
Original post by iamintorture
He is 4 inches taller and sometimes kissing is a bit awkward.
Should I buy a yellow pages?
No but apart from dump him seriously what shall I do?

Realise that your height difference is less than the average male:female height difference? Which, depending on which survey you read, is closer to 6" or 9% of the female's height.

A 4" height difference is only likely to be of note if you are well under 4' tall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending