The Student Room Group

HELPPP!!! for AS History, advice

Hi, i have my history exam next month, and i was wondering if i should do all the past (50+) exam questions and then memories my answers. I can do 'A' level questions when i'm at home (in exam conditions) but i find it really hard to arrange my thoughts in the exam. I thought that maybe if i do it this way i will learn all the information needed for the exam as well as the structure i will use. I heard of a boy who revised for a different exam like this and got an A, is this a good way to revise, advice please!!!!
Never in a million years has this been a good idea, you will end up answering a Q you have learnt and not the one on the exam

This might work for the 12 mark questions (if you are doing AQA or whatever exam board equivalent) because essentially the content remains the same and these questions are repeated but just learn the content and you will be fine

For the 24 markers (or whatever equivalent) you need to learn the content, quotes from historians and more than anything effective essay structure

Use tables for the short answer Qs- e.g. short answer Q at the top and all the factors with explanation listed underneath and revise from these

Use mind maps for the long answer Qs- put the topic section in the middle and all the relevant content around this- key dates/Acts, the impact of these and quotes from historians

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending