The Student Room Group

What is the best way to revise? - Science

I mean there is plenty of ways to revise but which is the best? CGP books, Past papers, BBC Bitesize ?!?!
Reply 1
I've heard that BBC bitesize will at best only get you a B, and that it is aimed at C grade students.

Do a mixture, read through your textbook and class notes, making new notes on all topics. Then do past papers to test your knowledge and work on the topics you got wrong.
Make sure you read and learn the mark schemes as there is definitely an 'exam technique' in getting full marks on answers.

Mind maps are useful too, and I start using flash cards about a week before the exam to really get in my head those points that you just have to memorise, such as parts of the heart etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Zynxx
I mean there is plenty of ways to revise but which is the best? CGP books, Past papers, BBC Bitesize ?!?!

I suggest you start off by making notes, use the CGP book, your textbook and class notes, Make sure that your notes include every syllabus point. Read over your notes until you understand everything thoroughly and then start doing past paper questions.
Original post by pbunny
I suggest you start off by making notes, use the CGP book, your textbook and class notes, Make sure that your notes include every syllabus point. Read over your notes until you understand everything thoroughly and then start doing past paper questions.

I agree :smile: Bitesize is really good for basic information and their quizzes are quite good. Once you have learnt the content the best thing you can do is to do past papers and questions to improve your exam technique, check your understanding, highlight weaker areas and get used to the types of questions there are for science.I would also practice some evaluation questions as they're the questions that carry the most marks
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest