This discussion is closed.
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
In general how many societies/clubs does one have time to join and be active in at university whilst also foucsing on ones studies.
Appreciated.
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
In general how many societies/clubs does one have time to join and be active in at university whilst also foucsing on ones studies.
Appreciated.
no more than two if you want to be seriously involved ie commitee positions etc, if you want to just a be a general member then there shouldnt be a limit, i think i've joined about eight so far and am active in four of them
picju96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've joined 5, am active in 3 and treasurer of 1.
Chris_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It depends on what uni you go to, and what course you're on. Some will leave you with a lot of free time and you'll probably be able to join as many as you want. Other will leave you with only enough time for 1 or 2.
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It will depend on the demands of your course and how well you manage to organise your time. Probably the best way is to join a few that take your interest (3 max.) and see how well you are coping with the workload etc.
Rakooga
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Yeah be realistic about what you would be interested in, coz I joined about 12 clubs/socs in my first year and only stuck with one in the end.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (183)
18.69%
Labour (501)
51.17%
Liberal Democrats (134)
13.69%
Green Party (55)
5.62%
Brexit Party (15)
1.53%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)