What did you do to lose weight and how fast?! Watch

izzibusybee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I am shooting for about 2 stone weight loss. I stand at 9 st 9 at the moment, as a small-framed athletic vegan. It shouldn't be hard for me to shift some serious weight by sorting out my diet, but I really want to know what other people have done, what they've eaten, workout regime, what they didn't eat....basically anyone who's lost significant weight I'd love to hear from you! Don't quite know where to start!
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is really really controversial.

Eat less, exercise more.

Then again that doesn't sell many books or products so I doubt it will catch on.
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lift heavy weights, burns more calories than running, uses more calories in the long-term as well.

edit: 7st seems extremely skinny, almost anorexic... do you really want to become that
SummerSerenade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to be a chubby teenager and I lost weight without doing anything drastic. All I did was make some minor changes in my diet such as swapping butter for low fat spread and full fat versions for diet versions of food, limiting the amount of 'treat' food that I ate, eating 3 normal meals a day rather than snacking all the time, walking instead of driving/getting the bus and making sure I drank plenty of low calorie drinks such as water/tea etc. (as your body can mistake thirst for hunger and lead you to eat more). Doing this I went from being over 10 stone to being just over 9 stone (and smaller now but I don't really eat properly at the moment :P). Can't recall exactly how long it took as it was a few years ago now but I definitely remember noticing a difference within a couple of months or so. If you like exercise then do that but I didn't (other than walking) and I still lost weight so yeah :P Good luck
izzibusybee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Huskaris)
This is really really controversial.

Eat less, exercise more.

Then again that doesn't sell many books or products so I doubt it will catch on.
Although! There is the ELEL/EMEM (eat less exercise less/eat more exercise more) principle of following what your body wants to do in response to exercise! I know what you're saying though
izzibusybee
Rep:
?
(Original post by SummerSerenade)
I used to be a chubby teenager and I lost weight without doing anything drastic. All I did was make some minor changes in my diet such as swapping butter for low fat spread and full fat versions for diet versions of food, limiting the amount of 'treat' food that I ate, eating 3 normal meals a day rather than snacking all the time, walking instead of driving/getting the bus and making sure I drank plenty of low calorie drinks such as water/tea etc. (as your body can mistake thirst for hunger and lead you to eat more). Doing this I went from being over 10 stone to being just over 9 stone (and smaller now but I don't really eat properly at the moment :P). Can't recall exactly how long it took as it was a few years ago now but I definitely remember noticing a difference within a couple of months or so. If you like exercise then do that but I didn't (other than walking) and I still lost weight so yeah :P Good luck
Thank you Oh dear, take care with your eating.
izzibusybee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshale)
Lift heavy weights, burns more calories than running, uses more calories in the long-term as well.

edit: 7st seems extremely skinny, almost anorexic... do you really want to become that
Thank you Well its still in my healthy range - just about - I have a small frame. But really its more about what I look like than a specific number, so I guess I'll just see how I go. I'd rather have a "normal" life and be healthy than 7st specifically
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by izzibusybee)
Although! There is the ELEL/EMEM (eat less exercise less/eat more exercise more) principle of following what your body wants to do in response to exercise! I know what you're saying though
You're part of the problem you fool.
ArBell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
First thing when you wake up: Warm water+lemon
No instant noodles
No white carbs [bread/rice/pasta]
No crisps/only dark chocolate and free fat yogurt as sweet snacks
Eat as raw as possible [I mean, cooked veg and fruits but no added sugars or salt]
Natural popcorn as salty snacks
Eat 5 times a day [you'll never feel starved]
No soft drinks or juices [except the ones you make yourself]
No or little dairy. Have pulses and almond milk instead
You could also try baby food as snack [the desert ones]
Go running for 15minutes everyday
Morning AND night:
100 squats
50 sumo squats
50 jumping jacks
100 leg raise left+right
Plank to a song

You can do this while watching the TV!
Last but not least, drink at least 10 glasses of water everyday, more than 1.5L and green tea after every meal.

Do this and I can guarantee you'll see results within a week!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you like 4 foot tall? Why do you want to be 7 stone 9? That's absurdly skinny.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads