The Student Room Group

Australia is very racist.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
how is it racist? what am I not seeing?

It's like saying "**** off you immigrants"
when the real problem is housing and the bankers who caused this mess, not the people wanting to work and scum like you don't understand something as basic as that, then you may as well live under a rock and ignore the reality.
Reply 42
Original post by kumon
when the real problem is housing and the bankers who caused this mess, not the people wanting to work and scum like you don't understand something as basic as that, then you may as well live under a rock and ignore the reality.

UKIP themselves are not racist.

There is an immigration problem in this country and has been for years. Too many too fast and somebody must address the issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clip
France is the ultimate scum nation.

How so? Admittedly the Front National have a worrying degree of support but I think there are far worse countries.
Original post by kumon

1) okay that's obviously not what it's saying
2) immigrants aren't a race
3) what if we already have too many immigrants? what about the bad effects of immigration? like unemployment, over-population, etc
Reply 45
Original post by Ggmu!
UKIP themselves are not racist.

There is an immigration problem in this country and has been for years. Too many too fast and somebody must address the issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3) what if we already have too many immigrants? what about the bad effects of immigration? like unemployment, over-population, etc

Problem is it is based on fears which is solved by housing. Also says tack control back of our country as if immigrants who come here to work are a plague, look at the documentary young jobless snatchers on bbc3 and you will see why employers employ immigrants. Some ****ing lazy British people.

Ok now lets go back to the original topic and not side line this.
Reply 46
Original post by tengentoppa
How so? Admittedly the Front National have a worrying degree of support but I think there are far worse countries.

France is too educated a nation for this level of politics.

I concur; scum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumon
Problem is it is based on fears which is solved by housing. Also says tack control back of our country as if immigrants who come here to work are a plague, look at the documentary young jobless snatchers on bbc3 and you will see why employers employ immigrants. Some ****ing lazy British people.

Ok now lets go back to the original topic and not side line this.

no I'm not saying that some british people aren't lazy, I'm saying that either way potential jobs are taken; it's not as if the people who's jobs are taken are going to go to that immigrants country and get a job in their country. and don't try and give the impression that there aren't some lazy immigrants
My mum is Australian (Melbourne) and she says that Australia was certainly very racist when she was there (this was >20 yrs ago).

The "White Australia" policy only ended within her lifetime, and its legacy may be partly to blame as a lot of Australians just didn't have exposure to people of different ethnicities when they were younger, or were led to think of them as inferior/savage.

My mum can remember the first time she ever saw someone with dark skin as event, because there were literally no non-Caucasians growing up. Prior to that she had only seen golliwogs. Yes she had golliwog dolls growing up. All middle aged australians are likely to be in a similar position.

She does however say that there were lots of european immigrants (greeks, italians, germans) whom were relatively well tolerated but generally lived separately to everyone else.

Not all australians are racist (my mum isn't, though she is possibly a little bit more fascinated by race than most people), but racism is a problem still. But improving.
Original post by BeanofJelly
My mum is Australian (Melbourne) and she says that Australia was certainly very racist when she was there (this was >20 yrs ago).

The "White Australia" policy only ended within her lifetime, and its legacy may be partly to blame as a lot of Australians just didn't have exposure to people of different ethnicities when they were younger, or were led to think of them as inferior/savage.

My mum can remember the first time she ever saw someone with dark skin as event, because there were literally no non-Caucasians growing up. Prior to that she had only seen golliwogs. Yes she had golliwog dolls growing up. All middle aged australians are likely to be in a similar position.

She does however say that there were lots of european immigrants (greeks, italians, germans) whom were relatively well tolerated but generally lived separately to everyone else.

Not all australians are racist (my mum isn't, though she is possibly a little bit more fascinated by race than most people), but racism is a problem still. But improving.

The irony.

Invading a country , wiping out the indigenous population and then proclaiming it exclusively white . Bloody monsters
This is what happens when you give someone too many cans of fosters
Reply 51
Australians aren't that bad, depends where you go and who you hang out with.
Reply 52
Original post by kumon

Absolutely. But Farage is a banker so he can't blame them.
Reply 53

Immigrants aren't a race but immigration is a stick with which you can beat other races. It would not be politically acceptable for UKIP to directly proclaim their hatred of Slavic people so instead they attack them through the prism of immigration, all the while knowing that they're appealing to the base racism of a portion of English society.
Original post by AW1983
Immigrants aren't a race but immigration is a stick with which you can beat other races. It would not be politically acceptable for UKIP to directly proclaim their hatred of Slavic people so instead they attack them through the prism of immigration, all the while knowing that they're appealing to the base racism of a portion of English society.

so what policy of theirs in particular is "racist"? controlling immigration? where is the "more white people than coloured people" policy?
Reply 55
Original post by returnmigrant
But I wouldn't want to live there.

Why?
(edited 10 years ago)
I've lived in Australia (briefly) and felt nothing. And the guys want me.
Reply 57

There's nothing at all racist about that, it's anti immigration.
Reply 58
These white australian came from the line of thugs and heavy criminals so cant expect them to behave like proper civilized and educated people
Pretty much every country in the East has very racist attitudes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest